Emergency please help!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oscurida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This morning I started up the truck to warm up for like 10-15 minutes. I go into the truck and put it in reverse and it wasn't moving. I out it in drive and nothing. I shut it off and restart it and try reverse again and drive and not moving. Then an oil light came out as a warming. I shut it off and popped the hood. I checked the teams oil and engine oil both were good. Looked under and not a single drop of anything. Can some one give some advice on this situation. Please

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmmm….as computerized as these trucks are if there is no mechanical problem noticeable I would try disconnecting the battery for a while and reconnecting it. Maybe a reboot will help?

OP
OP
Oscurida

Oscurida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmmm….as computerized as these trucks are if there is no mechanical problem noticeable I would try disconnecting the battery for a while and reconnecting it. Maybe a reboot will help?

Going to try that

OP
OP
Oscurida

Oscurida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok tried disconnecting the battery for like 4hrs and still not able to move in reverse or drive. I hit the -/+ gear and it's saying 4. I turned the off and on 3 times and it showed "_ _ _ _ _ _" in the middle of the mileage and the is said
"_ DONE _" and then malfunction lamp blinked 10 times.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, that sux. Sounds like a tranny problem. No pressure, perhaps. You may have to find a way to get the TCM scanned for codes. Was the tranny serviced recently? I've heard of filter issues causing similar symptoms.

OP
OP
Oscurida

Oscurida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, that sux. Sounds like a tranny problem. No pressure, perhaps. You may have to find a way to get the TCM scanned for codes. Was the tranny serviced recently? I've heard of filter issues causing similar symptoms.

I just read that is mean that the DTC is complete. What ever that means.

OP
OP
Oscurida

Oscurida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I haven't got the tranny check cause I got it 10 months ago and it's fully covered till 2018 fully warranty.

OP
OP
Oscurida

Oscurida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so now i have to wait till tomorrow cause the dodge dealership service dept is closed on sundays. wow this blows!
Now they wont void my warranty because of my mods right?

Last edited:

Exhausted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it's not shifting into anything sounds like the shifter cable is disconnected from the transmission

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a shifter cable? I think it is all electronic. Just a cable and plug to the tranny.

OP
OP
Oscurida

Oscurida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i just got a code P0868

and now po944 and po868

Last edited:

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If its an 8 speed- no linkage. All electronic. Wasn't mentioned so I thought I'd throw it out.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Oscurida

Oscurida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
this is what i found not sure if that is the tranny i have tho

When the 45RFE trans loses prime and is then restarted it can cause a surge that will either split the sump filter or pop it down out of the pump. The filter's neck goes directly into the pump and is sealed with a rubber seal. What has happened is either the filter has split or has popped down out of the pump and the pump is sucking air, there is no line pressure and the trans doesn't engage.

This isn't a major problem at all. All that will need to be done is drop the pan and either reinstall the sump filter, or if it's damaged it will need to be replaced.