Engine tick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamato14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Im new to dodge and the forum, I've had my 2011 ram 1500 5.7 hemi for just over a year and recently noticed a ticking coming from the engine. I've done some research that seems to suggest "hemi tick" or exhaust manifold bolts loose/broken. The tick is consistent, cold or warm start, I just drove it over 150 miles in a day and it sounded the same when I started it cold to when I parked after the trip. My dad thinks it's a bearing or lifter based on past experience with vehicles making similar noise but it's been over a month since I noticed the ticking and there have been no noticeable performance (gas mileage is normal, oil pressure is normal and consistent, less than 500 miles ago had oil changed). Any thoughts on whether this is major or if this normal for the 2011 5.7?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If it is lifter tick it is a dangerous condition, if it is exhaust bolts, really just no more then an inconvenience. Unfortunately they sound the same, no joke. Hey man, this gets covered weekly here, try using the advanced search function and search tick in titles only. If you have any questions past that, PM me. I'm not blowing you off by any means, just saying a lot of good info a search away.

Welcome to the forum.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
sorry your first post is about an issue. burla pretty much covered everything.

OP
OP
J

Jamato14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for the info guys, Burla the search info helped me locate all the other posts on the same topic. Appreciate the responses