Exhaust help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zapp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hello I have a 2011 3500 6.7 and I am planning in the very near future deleting the egr and the cat/DPF delete as well my question is what size is every one using 4" or 5" exhaust what are the pro and cons of each size I am new to the forum so I apologize if this question has already been asked

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well welcome to the forum from (LA Lower Alabama). Can't help with this one but we have a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum that can help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Z

Zapp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks what part of ala are you at I'm in Pensacola fl

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My neighbor just did his 6.7L DPF delete and tune. He told me the shop had a hell of a time fitting a 5" all the way back, and he had rattles when they were done, so the shop swapped out to a 4" system with a 5" tip.

Didn't seem to affect performance any and it is rattle free.

vgoodson91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is no performance increase in going with 5" over 4". The 5" exhaust as stated is much harder to fit without touching/rubbing/rattling something somewhere under the truck. The only difference is that the 5" will be much louder, obnoxiously loud in my opinion. I've deleted a lot of these trucks for people as well as myself and a 4" system is the way to go in my opinion.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Zapp I'm in Echo about 15 miles north of Dothan

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I had a 5" FlowPro on mine and it fit great with zero issues in 40 thousand miles.
All the 5" has to offer is a lower deeper tone it is not really any louder then a 4" system on a 6.7 now a 5.9 thats a different story.
just like a aftermarket CAI kit the only benefit is noise until you hit some serious HP numbers.

Are you going EFILIVE ? Loved it on my 6.7 I ran 100hp setting and I would also suggest getting the trans tuned its night and day difference in how the truck drives afterwards.
I ended up putting on a s465 turbo with a 2nd gen kit and man that truck was a monster for no more then what was done.

OP
OP
Z

Zapp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I was planning on going with the H&S mini Maxx tuner now how did you tune your transmission?

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Sent it of to Dave Mathews and he tuned it for me, way better shift points and he raises the line pressure so it holds the new found power better.
Well worth the 300 bucks it cost.