Exhaust Manifold Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I've been noticing a ticking sound when I cold start my truck. It usually goes away after about a minute or so. Once the truck is warmed up it is almost nonexistent until I open the hood and then I can hear it. I guess my question is, 1. how difficult is this to fix and 2. Do you think this would qualify to be a warranty fix?

I have been thinking about getting some shorty headers so I'm thinking this May be the time to bite the bullet. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Could be the issue with the broken exhaust manifold bolts that was on the early rams...

You sure it aint the hemi tick?

OP
OP
Ramsfan78

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If it is it just developed after 54000 miles. I really think it's the manifold. It sounds like air pulses every time the 7&8 cylinders hit.

OP
OP
Ramsfan78

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So I got an appointment with the dealer tomorrow to check into this manifold leak. After speaking with them, they seem to think it will be covered under the power train warranty so I guess we will see. I wonder if I should upload the stock tune before I take it in.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Yes I would load the stock tune back in it for sure.

OP
OP
Ramsfan78

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
When they replaced the differential under the recall I did not return it to stock and they did not mess with it. I just reinstalled the stock tune just to be safe

Lawhand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
ALWAYS UPLOAD STOCK TUNE BEFORE TAKING IT INTO THE DEALERSHIP. otherwise they could plug up and then VOID all your warenties, then your F'ed.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
When they replaced the differential under the recall I did not return it to stock and they did not mess with it. I just reinstalled the stock tune just to be safe

I did too for the recall and glad I did because they did something with the battery. All my radio stations were lost and it ran different until it learned my driving habits.

OP
OP
Ramsfan78

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I actually asked them if they were gonna mess with it when I took mine in for the recall. I told them I had a tuner. They said it won't be a problem.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Wow! You definitely have a great dealership. I may drive up there to buy my next truck, LOL. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't ask a dealer to fix something I abused or modified etc just good to see that you have a good dealer.