Finally, the S&B is installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well, it's been sitting in the garage for a bit and i finally found the time yesterday to install the intake. I had all replacement parts from Lund to fix the damaged Bushwacker painted bumper fender flare extensions since just after Christmas, but knowing that I had to drop the inner fender liner to install the S&B i held off on fixing the flares until i had a couple hours to devote to doing the whole job.
Pretty straight forward install. Took about an hour to do the intake, which was probably on the longer side of what it could have been.
Drove it some yesterday and then this morning and I'm happy with the results. Under heavy throttle, you definitely know the intake is in there. Next up, Carven Exhaust.
16388291_10105227629470493_5737821067758289441_n.jpg

Shout out to Moe's for carrying great products like this, at reasonable prices with Free Shipping!

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
picture is not showing up

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks great!!! Even if it has no effect on performance it does jazz up the engine compartment.

yachtwhat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I installed the same one in my 2015 ram. Hard to notice a difference but I do get slightly better gas mileage. Now time for the diablo tuner :happy107:

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Oiled cotton on the S&B versus stocker stocker paper filter.
The S&B kit uses the stock fender hole to pull air from, but there is an additional duct that pulls more air from in front of the fender liner.

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well, after driving with it over the weekend, i have to say i'm still really happy with it. Had to make one adjustment where a hose clamp on the hump coupler wasn't tight enough, but aside from that i couldn't be happier. Carven Progressive is now sitting in the garage waiting to be installed.

big13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Do you have a tune or a ported throttle body to go with the S&B intake ?

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not yet. The next purchase is the TB, then a tuner to tie it all together. After that the only real engine mods on the performance side that I have planned are headers. Catch can will be added at some point probably when ordering the TB.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Not yet. The next purchase is the TB, then a tuner to tie it all together. After that the only real engine mods on the performance side that I have planned are headers. Catch can will be added at some point probably when ordering the TB.

Talk to Moe's when you order the TB. They give you a $20 discount when you buy the S&B intake and TB at the same time, perhaps he can still do it for you. Definitely worth asking.

The tuner will give you the most bang for your buck.

Hemiluv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummons 6.7 Turbo Charged
Just did all this to my truck S&B intake along with a Diablo Tuner from Hemifever tuning. It was worth the extra money. Truck Runs amazing. Love how the S&B makes the truck Sound also. ALot more throaty.

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I will second that there is a satisfying engine noise when you smash the skinny pedal. As far as the butt dyno goes, I want to say I can feel a difference, but it could be my ears suggesting that.