Fuel injector service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Newyork104104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is this necessary?! I went to Goodyear to get my inspection and wheel alignment and the guy there said I should get it done every 20,000miles (I'm at 47,000)....

I did a search here and see most bros just use seafoam, so that's what I did! I just wanted to double check to see what you guys think...

Thanks for any info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeEMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds superfluous to me, especially every 20k! +1 on using seafoam.

ATXHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's probably the same fuel system cleaner that jiffy lube does. It's pretty much just like putting seafoam. They put a little in the tank and then some through the vacuum line.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
^^^^ This ^^^^ You can do it yourself and save some $.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
With Ethanol being so prevalent I think it is necessary. In the past I have been a fan of the solvent cleaners, and most guys like MMO and Lucas UCL. But I am currently using Star Tron Enzyme cleaner and Redline S1. More of detergent formulas.

This isn't their fuel cleaner but their two stroke oil and it is the same ester based synthetic oil used in both. The Redline pays for itself if you believe it eliminates the need for 89 gas, they say it eliminates the need for 2 points of octane. I use 89 anyhow, just saying what their position is.

The common consensus at Bob's and most oil and gas guys say, polyether amines (PEA) is the most effective fuel system cleaner. Many products use this, but Redline is loaded with it. do some research. You only need like 3 or 4 ounces at fill up. Same stuff in techron.

Last edited:

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Burla gives good advice above!

Robot Check

I add 2 bottles of Soy Ultra every 6 months... Bio Based Soy has proven to be a very eco-friendly gentle Cleaner along with an outstanding lubricator-->UCL! Injectors are extremely quiet with the help of 5oz of TCW3 @ every fill up...{Try to always fill up at the 1/2 Tank mark}...
Very thin layer of blue oily film coats the top of valves and top of pistons-->This makes it very hard for the carbon to bond to... If there ever is any!

When I find the Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant on sale {32oz} I will normally by a couple... Normally substitute 5 oz for the TCW3! I have NEVER had any issues within the fuel system using these products...

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Neutra Fuel Stabilizer was a crazy popular product back in the day. Syn what is the difference between Soy Ultra and Nuetra, both Shaeffers products. It must be an upper cylinder lube as well if it uses Soy?

Redline is echo friendly as well as far as poison status, whereas Techron is much more hazardous as is seafoam as well, if we believe the msds.

Last edited:

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Burla: I honestly don't know the difference... I know the Soy Ultra is a Bio Base product which Cleans and Lubricates remarkably well!

I know the Neutra had a Huge Following amoungst thousands of BITOG members along with Lube Controls LC20 and FP60... Years ago...

I have the Neutra added on my wish list on Amazon Prime.... It is actually cheaper then the Soy Ultra... I just get a good feeling using the Bio Based Products...

Robot Check

I forgot I have always used and will continue to use at least 2 times a year -->Red Line SI-1...

I guess I am very fortunate too have a great job that Pays Very Well->Along with having a wife that works very hard and makes 6 figures a year-->So I can afford to play with these fuel additives... I don't do drugs or smoke so it is a very inexpensive habit compared to those...

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Can't take it with you man, lol. Mise well spend some of it up.

Reactions: SyN