Functional hood scoops on 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deltapapa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello, I just bought a 2017 Ram 1500 Sport with the hood scoops. I want to make them functional. I searched the Forum but could not find the answer I wanted. " How do you make the scoops functional"???

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, I just bought a 2017 Ram 1500 Sport with the hood scoops. I want to make them functional. I searched the Forum but could not find the answer I wanted. " How do you make the scoops functional"???

Cut holes in them?:superhack:

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

2 options. Custom built or the factory intake that connects to the passenger side scoop. Someone will have to chime in with the info for where to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwright813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think that I've read on here that its pointless to do this because the shape of the hood and truck creates a "negative air flow" at the scoops and you don't actually get air flow into the engine bay. It may let some engine bay heat escape at best.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have a used Mopar CAI in the for sale section that you'll need as the base for the linked kit above. Makes the mod a bit cheaper :D

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I think that I've read on here that its pointless to do this because the shape of the hood and truck creates a "negative air flow" at the scoops and you don't actually get air flow into the engine bay. It may let some engine bay heat escape at best.

I've seen and discussed this multiple times. The guy that keep saying this was basing his facts off a project he did like in the 60s on his car. With modern day technology and aerodynamics, there's no comparison. This probably was true a few decades ago, but not the case these days. The only time this will have 'negative air flow' and dissipate heat is at a red light or stand still traffic. There's a few reviews on a Rebel forum that I've read and from the reviews the additional scoop in the hood made a difference.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Would like to see some wind tunnel graphics of our 4th gen trucks.
Jay

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would like to see some wind tunnel graphics of our 4th gen trucks.
Jay

If you have a giant fan, I'll be more than willing to ship you a couple bags of flour. Setup the camera, spray the car down, setup the fan, and dump a couple bags Infront! :party36:

OP
OP
D

Deltapapa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the input Guys....... and the laughs !!!!!! :roflsquared: