Hard Start...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I go out this morning to start my baby and of course I get the hard start...This time was different though because my check engine light didn't go out. I had a doctors appointment so I went to that and called the stealership on my way down.
I was told the earliest appointment was the second week of October. As I was just about to go crazy, the service rep tells me, but if you swing by after 10 we have drive in for quick issues.
After my appointment I head over to the dealership with check engine light still on. I pull into the service and turn off the truck and the rep comes out. I proceed to tell him about the check engine light and he is very nice and says lets start it up. This can only happen to me..., the check engine light is off. I can't make this stuff up...He still checks it out but its throwing no codes...I will wait and see what happens in the morning again but this hard start stuff on a new truck is unacceptable.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Happens to me to, my tranny ginds when engaging reverse, everytime i go to the dealer the girl doesnt want to replicate the issue... So annoying, they charge me $175 Everytime

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Happens to me to, my tranny ginds when engaging reverse, everytime i go to the dealer the girl doesnt want to replicate the issue... So annoying, they charge me $175 Everytime

what? what exactly are they doing that's costing you $175? my dealer doesn't charge anything to read codes or go for a quick drive. hell i had them inspect the entire rear end after i got hit and it didn't cost me a thing

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should still have pending codes in the system. It won't show up as an active code if the light is out. It's called pending codes as far as I remember.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what? what exactly are they doing that's costing you $175? my dealer doesn't charge anything to read codes or go for a quick drive. hell i had them inspect the entire rear end after i got hit and it didn't cost me a thing

Diagnostic fee, I have to commit to pay if nothing is wrong