Hard starting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redmon42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello guys and thank you for any help.
I have a 2010 5.7 Hemi Ram 1500.
For the last few months I have been having problems with the truck starting. When I turn the key I usually here 3 clicks and then I try starting the truck. Sometimes it will just turn over and wont fire and sometimes it will, especially if I have already started the truck that day.
If it doesnt start the first time I will turn the key off and then try starting and pretty much without fail the truck starts.
No running problems whatsoever.
Lately I have noticed I dont always here the clicks. I dont know if that is relevant or not but usually if I dont hear the clicks its not starting the first try.
Any ideas please?

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the battery is holding a charger over night, I'd start with cam position sensor or crank position sensor - seems to be a common issue on the 5.7 in the LX cars, haven't really been on this forum long enough to see a trend on the 5.7 in the trucks, but I can't see it being too different...

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Possibly fuel issue, maybe filter. Random guess.

OP
OP
R

redmon42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys. I'll
Check fuses and relay switch first. Runs great just a starting problem .