Intake manifold 2012 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatsupDIRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay guys I want to discuss upper intake manifold. I was thinking about going with a moes 85mm TB and grab a spacer as well (yes I know the spacer adds pretty much nothing) but it does increase the sound slightly. Is there a point to change the intake manifold? Is it a good power gain and which manifold should I go with if so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ndziy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay guys I want to discuss upper intake manifold. I was thinking about going with a moes 85mm TB and grab a spacer as well (yes I know the spacer adds pretty much nothing) but it does increase the sound slightly. Is there a point to change the intake manifold? Is it a good power gain and which manifold should I go with if so.

From what I've heard about the intake manifold is that a few guys have bolted a 6.1 manifold to it but they were running and SC you are better off running your stock manifold it will run alot smooth and you won't lose low end torque. That's for if it's naturally aspirated and sort of boost you can forsure get away with the 5.7 manifold but ive head of guys going to the 6.1

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

WhatsupDIRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I've heard about the intake manifold is that a few guys have bolted a 6.1 manifold to it but they were running and SC you are better off running your stock manifold it will run alot smooth and you won't lose low end torque. That's for if it's naturally aspirated and sort of boost you can forsure get away with the 5.7 manifold but ive head of guys going to the 6.1

Going to the 6.1 doesent sound like a bad idea but I do feel at some point if I was to add headers and exhaust do you think I would lose some torque? It seems logical

Ndziy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The route I went on modding at the start was cai, headers, and a pro tune for the truck. It's nothing crazy but noticable aha. But if you go and put a 6.1 intake on it won't give you any gains and in most cases you'll just end up switching back

Ndziy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now if you had a super charger. It you could tune it to pack more air in there

OP
OP
W

WhatsupDIRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to go with a tuner but that would void my warranty correct?

Ndziy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to go with a tuner but that would void my warranty correct?

If you take it to the dealer just revert it back to stock and you should be ok. Because if they do updates and your tuner and your truck is married then you might have to send your programmer in to get fixed. Ooooh you'll need a new pcm that will be coming out of your pocket

OP
OP
W

WhatsupDIRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you take it to the dealer just revert it back to stock and you should be ok. Because if they do updates and your tuner and your truck is married then you might have to send your programmer in to get fixed. Ooooh you'll need a new pcm that will be coming out of your pocket

With a CAI throttle body/spaced headers and exhaust and a tune should I expect close to 500 motor horsepower?

Ndziy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With a CAI throttle body/spaced headers and exhaust and a tune should I expect close to 500 motor horsepower?

Headers are going to give you the most gains but as it goes for the cold air it will increase your throttle response a bit and add noise. As it goes for your spacer don't even bother. It's a 60$ paper weight lol and as it goes for HP you'll need alot more done to achieve that

wstacy3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

No sadly not even to the crank. Im running all that and more and to the wheels I'd guess I'm still under 400

OP
OP
W

WhatsupDIRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No sadly not even to the crank. Im running all that and more and to the wheels I'd guess I'm still under 400

How are you under 4 when the motor is a 390 horsepower motor

Ndziy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How are you under 4 when the motor is a 390 horsepower motor

It's 400 to the crank but probably 3something to the wheels
They give those specs because it looks impressive
The rwhp is always going to be less because of the transmission it has to go through aswell as the gears

OP
OP
W

WhatsupDIRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's 400 to the crank but probably 3something to the wheels
They give those specs because it looks impressive
The rwhp is always going to be less because of the transmission it has to go through aswell as the gears

Well yeah of course but with all that done I would think he's atleast 400 horsepower to the wheels. Although he's 4 wheel drive it could have something to do with it