JBA long tube Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alrynate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do I need a dyno tune after jba lth install or hemifever with headers added?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1 st, dont get JBA's if you can help it, And yes Hemifever tune is all you need.

OP
OP
A

Alrynate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
JBAs where a Bday present. Brother bought and decided to use arh... better than nothing? What's wrong with them?!?!?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Some people question the quality of JBA's compared to the more expensive ARH. You should have your truck re-tuned after installing the headers.
Jay

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes a tune for sure. I called jay Greene.
My jba's went in just fine, and quality was fine also. However even with a canned diablo tune I felt little to no gain after my header install...so...called jay.
After his tune it felt better for normal driving.
Remember headers are an upgrade for mid-upper gains...probably at the expense of a few ponies/ft lbs at low rpm....in a 5000 lb truck. So anything you can do to help from idle to say,3000 rpm, helps.

jotin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You don't need a tune with headers. If you're running a canned tune you'll be fine. I installed JBAs on my 03 ram and it was night and day difference. Enough added power to chirp 2nd gear. I ran JBA on my truck, they are also on my srt8 magnum and my wife's srt8 charger. My magnum is not tuned , and my wife's charger is a 93 tune with the 02 sensors tuned out. It was a world of difference on both cars. But even before the tune it was a big difference. I've owned many different model vehicles I've installed headers on and I've never needed a tune unless it was to tune out the check engine light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure if you can get away without a tune without throwing an O2 sensor code with the cats still in, but if you pull them you will for sure.. there are sensors before and after the cat. Converter.... with my ARH headers, I will throw a code almost instantly with a stock or canned Diablo tune....I tried just to see if it would.

OP
OP
A

Alrynate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Delete the cats, keep'em or high flow cats?

OP
OP
A

Alrynate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get on the dyno or contact hemifever?

jotin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats weird, ever since I got my HEMIFEVER tune I feel a night and day difference :roflsquared:

Cool. I've never had experience with hemi fever or jay whatever tunes. I always see everyone mentioning them. Sounds like a bunch of over hyped stuff in my opinion of course for that amount of money. I'd rather do a fully custom tune personally, wich I did on my ram before and I will be doing on my magnum as well. To each their own of course , I'm not knocking anyone else's capability, everyone goes with what they want and everyone gets different results with different tunes.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thats weird, ever since I got my HEMIFEVER tune I feel a night and day difference :roflsquared:

Take it to a track and do a back to back test between the canned tune and the custom e-mail tune,and see if there's any difference,butt dyno's are notoriously wrong.You're in Winnipeg aren't you,Gimli's not far and is one of the better tracks for elevation at 700 ft,beats the **** out of Saskatoons or Edmontons tracks which are both well over 2,000 ft in elevation.

OP
OP
A

Alrynate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you mean by dynos are notoriously wrong? I am debating dyno tune or buy a trinity and hemifever custom tune

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
What do you mean by dynos are notoriously wrong? I am debating dyno tune or buy a trinity and hemifever custom tune

He means Butt dyno as in your ass in the seat driving down the road not a true roller dyno.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take it to a track and do a back to back test between the canned tune and the custom e-mail tune,and see if there's any difference,butt dyno's are notoriously wrong.

I like the fact that HEMIFEVER uses the log file to adjust your tune , the tune has better shift point , He adjust the fans for the 180 stat, and he boosts line pressure in the tranny among other things. thats worth the money to me.

Whats 100$ when you spend thousands in upgrades...lol... My truck runs like **** on canned tunes and throw codes anyways since you cant disable the 02 sensors when you dont run cats.

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I like the fact that HEMIFEVER uses the log file to adjust your tune , the tune has better shift point , He adjust the fans for the 180 stat, and he boosts line pressure in the tranny among other things. thats worth the money to me.

Whats 100$ when you spend thousands in upgrades...lol... My truck runs like **** on canned tunes and throw codes anyways since you cant disable the 02 sensors when you dont run cats.

Pull the battery post before your runs to equalize things,it won't throw a code by the time you make a pass. Only way you'll have any idea of whether your e-mail tune is any better then your canned tune. Don't take this wrong,but I don't trust anybodies "butt" dyno,unless it's in a skirt and heels with a nice face,lol:happy107:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990