KOOKs LT headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw a couple of months ago kooks released a video on there LT for the 2015 RAM trucks with the 8spd. 32RWH before tuning they claim. I emailed them yesterday to confirm they will fit my 2016 8spd and the said yes. Does anyone have experience with kook headers?

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Not with the Kooks, but on my 6.4 2500 ARH headers dropped about 1 sec from the 0-60 times. They work better than any other bolt on short of a blower IMO. If you place headers next to the factory manifolds it's pretty laughable.

OP
OP
M

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not with the Kooks, but on my 6.4 2500 ARH headers dropped about 1 sec from the 0-60 times. They work better than any other bolt on short of a blower IMO. If you place headers next to the factory manifolds it's pretty laughable.
Getting LT headers soon. Ether ARH or KOOKS. Doing a tunner first.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Price range of the KOOK's????
Jay

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I only have 1 customer I know of that is running Kooks, and he is happy with them. His truck runs well for his mods also. I doubt you will feel any noticeable power difference when comparing ARH to Kooks though, so you cant really go wrong with either set.

OP
OP
M

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only have 1 customer I know of that is running Kooks, and he is happy with them. His truck runs well for his mods also. I doubt you will feel any noticeable power difference when comparing ARH to Kooks though, so you cant really go wrong with either set.
If I can get a good price on kooks I will get them to support my local shop but if not I'll order a set of ARH from you.

Look at a friends set of OBX headers was not happy with the quality at all!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Nothing wrong with that at all. Kooks makes a very nice header, so you will be happy with them if you go that route.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Matt, Do you know if ARH sets up the collector like Kooks where the tubes come together at the collector in order as they fire for that bank? This was the big selling point that has pushed me towards Kooks but if ARH does the same I wont worry and look for the better price.

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hard part for some of us though is not being 50 state legal cause we live in a communist state

Damn, sorry bro...

I honestly have no idea what my emissions laws are lol. But I have never seen or heard anyone ever having testing done on their vehicle here in Oregon.

I did get the cats in the Y-pipe though :crazy:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its not going to stop me just takes more work at smog time. so I will get really good at installing them :roflsquared:

I'm in the midst of redoing my exhaust to split the y pipe in to a x pipe and it will swap from stock to LT/Ypipe at that point. Smog laws here suck, and so does it when your buddy who has shop quits drinking and you used to give him a expensive bottle of crown to pass it for you

OP
OP
M

Moparboss99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Matt in your opinion should I go with or without cats? Not sure if a catless y pipe is worth it or not, don't really want a hassle with emission testing.