Manifold Bolt replacement/upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a '17 with 12k miles on it and evidently they have not resolved the issues with the manifold bolts breaking. I figured I would go ahead and upgrade them before the hassle of getting a broken one repaired. Are there any kits like ARP that work with the stock setup?

I found The Official ARP Web Site | Kits and I read that Dorman has a set as well. Does the arp kit work with the stock setup? I couldn't find any definite answers. I have an email into them now just waiting on a response.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I don't have an answer for you nor have I had this issue. My 11 went 60000 miles issue fee. My 16 is going to be around awhile, so I will do this. If a bolt snaps, I will remove the manifold and have it machined level and replace. Many have posted and a few mechanics have told me, they have never seen the manifold warp after this process.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yes I believe the correct one is around $250 for bolt kit.

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I think Stage 8 makes a set to but I have heard they can rattle so much they can cause a "false knock"

I wonder if that ARP kit listed above is correct? Could it be for earlier generations?
I remember searching for an ARP set and couldn't locate anything. Maybe if they are an earlier generation, maybe it'll be the same. Worth a call to ARP I guess.

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a '17 with 12k miles on it and evidently they have not resolved the issues with the manifold bolts breaking. I figured I would go ahead and upgrade them before the hassle of getting a broken one repaired. Are there any kits like ARP that work with the stock setup?

I found The Official ARP Web Site | Kits and I read that Dorman has a set as well. Does the arp kit work with the stock setup? I couldn't find any definite answers. I have an email into them now just waiting on a response.

I emailed ARP with no response from them. That was months ago.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
You can also save your money and get a set of 10.9 (grade 8 equivalent) bolts from a local fastener supply store. 8mm-1.25 x 30mm with a 13mm head.

I think Stage 8 makes a set to but I have heard they can rattle so much they can cause a "false knock"

I wonder if that ARP kit listed above is correct? Could it be for earlier generations?
I remember searching for an ARP set and couldn't locate anything. Maybe if they are an earlier generation, maybe it'll be the same. Worth a call to ARP I guess.

It can read as false knock if you install the retainers, which are optional. It's still a cheaper set of bolts than the ARP.

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You can also save your money and get a set of 10.9 (grade 8 equivalent) bolts from a local fastener supply store. 8mm-1.25 x 30mm with a 13mm head.

It can read as false knock if you install the retainers, which are optional. It's still a cheaper set of bolts than the ARP.

Sounds good to me. I'll be ordering them tomorrow. Thanks for the specs, saves me a lot of BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bluto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Really?!?!?!? That may explain my 5* of knock on acceleration.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Really?!?!?!? That may explain my 5* of knock on acceleration.

It's a possibility, the easiest thing you can do is pull the locking clips off and see what happens. If it's just on acceleration then it could be a whole host of things but it's a simple one to check.

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Dorman bolts are 10.9 grade. I used these on my passenger side manifold recently. They are cheap too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk