Mopar Performance Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
True, but any Dodge dealer can perform warranty work, he's across form New York.

But does that warranty mean on the parts ONLY you've installed?
this is warranty for the part only, correct?

they said this also goes for installing parts aswell.

IV. PARTS SOLD “AS-IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY
a. MOPAR Gaskets and Seals are sold “AS IS” without warranty of any kind.
b. MOPAR Performance Parts

(all parts shown by a MOPAR part number beginning with the letter “P”) are sold “AS IS” without warranty of any kind.
For every part sold “AS IS”, the purchaser assumes the entire risk of loss , damage or breakage. Should the goods prove defective following their purchase, the purchaser and not the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.

OP
OP
K

KozzyJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
True, but any Dodge dealer can perform warranty work, he's across form New York.

But does that warranty mean on the parts ONLY you've installed?
this is warranty for the part only, correct?

yes and no. Dealer said since its a performance part that does increase hp,tq. numbers and lets say the tranny/engine/rearend/ basically the powertrain blows for instants. they will void the warranty on anyone of these componets due to the increase in preformance. they basically said the truck was designed to handle the preformance its produces in stock form safely. any added bolts-ons will be blamed on faulty componets.

in a nut shell its a crock of ****, and stealerships need to get there heads out of there ass's.:flipthebird:

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well it does make sense. These stock trans are super weak and I've heard of them going out with the old 345 hp hemis bone stock and with the new 390 hp hemis bone stock. Even doing too many wot accelerations to where the transmission goes into 2nd prime will kill the transmission(like going from 45 to 70 to get on the highway)

josephw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
what about a true bolt on system that you could reinstall the factory exhaust if anything went wrong before taking it in for service? then they'd never know!

OP
OP
K

KozzyJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what about a true bolt on system that you could reinstall the factory exhaust if anything went wrong before taking it in for service? then they'd never know!

thats why i asked in my original post about the price.......something cheaper than $1800.:Wedgie:

josephw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
does the exhaust bolt together after the cats or is it welded? if its bolted then most aftermarket brands will have OE flanged connections. if its welded then its not gonna work this way. i'm jus brainstormin, jus my 2cents. :drool:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
yes and no. Dealer said since its a performance part that does increase hp,tq. numbers and lets say the tranny/engine/rearend/ basically the powertrain blows for instants. they will void the warranty on anyone of these componets due to the increase in preformance. they basically said the truck was designed to handle the preformance its produces in stock form safely. any added bolts-ons will be blamed on faulty componets.

in a nut shell its a crock of ****, and stealerships need to get there heads out of there ass's.:flipthebird:

sound slike a crock, so why does Mopar Parts sell a "performance exhuast"? LOL...guess it doesnt add any HP or power, only changes the sound, for $1800? LOL
scary the trucks built on such a borderline with 10hp ( if that much) will damage drivetrain..............:D

You could almost ask them " then why sell a performance exhaust...?"
LOL

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
does the exhaust bolt together after the cats or is it welded? if its bolted then most aftermarket brands will have OE flanged connections. if its welded then its not gonna work this way. i'm jus brainstormin, jus my 2cents. :drool:

it's all flanges/knuckles...I think only welded part is a spot weld on the exhaust tip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007