Muffler Delete .....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram82808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
OK so yesterday I got a little bored and decided to remove my flowmaster 55 series ....... I cut it out and left the 3 : pipe right under the truck . HOLY COW that thing is LOUD ! ! Any of you guys running this set up ? Im thinking of going to muffler shop tomorrow and having them tie the pipes str8 to the tips ... what do you guys think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It won't be quite as loud after you bring it out to the tips because all that noise isn't being dumped directly under the truck. However, these things do sound awsome with the muffler delete. I just got the dodm80 ( bolt on, or plug and play if you will ) Mufflex muffler delete. Can't go wrong man. Sounds awsome. Don't forget, if you have the muffler shop weld all this stuff in place and decide it's to aggressive, or just simply get tired of how loud it is, there's gonna be more labor involved to cut everything back off. That's why I went the dodm80 route. At any time, I can unbolt it, and bolt the factory, or something else right back on. Good luck man, hope you like it.

OP
OP
Ram82808

Ram82808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
thanks ! thought about that but when i put my flow-master the muffler shop did modify the pipe . sooo i don't know if it will be a direct bolt on kit ....

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hmm, well if that's the case, looks like your paying somebody to weld it up anyways. That being said, I wouldn't waist my money on the dodm80. Have them through some pipe on and weld that thing up!!!! Ha!

OP
OP
Ram82808

Ram82808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
it should be the same end result between the mufflex of the guy welding the rig . i just drove an hour on the highway i swear i wanted to set my truck on fire lol . is it that bad with ur delete ?

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Holy cow, That must be really loud with the pipe cut. Glad you don't live by me!!!
J/K .....I would think a lot of the cab noise would drop taking the pipe to the tips.

Gardenfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You are getting massive resonation with it open under the bed. One big echo chamber. On the highway with it connected straight to the tips it will be much better. Especially if you leave the resonators on

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ram82808

Ram82808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Tomorrow i will be the first customer at the shop lol . does deleting the exhaust gain HP ? I got bored and i ripped it on some redneck chicks on a f250 and all they saw was my plasti dipped ram emblem lol

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
My truck loved it!

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hey, how was the flowmaster in comparison to the stock exhaust? Im looking at a 50 series, I dont want crazy loud, but I want a throaty V8 sound when i get on it, but nothing that wakes the dead when I start it up in the morning, or any cab drone. sorry to thread jack can you give me a quick review on it?

OP
OP
Ram82808

Ram82808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey, how was the flowmaster in comparison to the stock exhaust? Im looking at a 50 series, I dont want crazy loud, but I want a throaty V8 sound when i get on it, but nothing that wakes the dead when I start it up in the morning, or any cab drone. sorry to thread jack can you give me a quick review on it?

I LOVED that flowmaster exhuast sound . i just got the delete done this morning how i said i would and the only thing i dont like is at full throttle is cracks a little . my flow masters did not .

DERJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I LOVED that flowmaster exhuast sound . i just got the delete done this morning how i said i would and the only thing i dont like is at full throttle is cracks a little . my flow masters did not .

Do you still have your stock resonators in place?
I'm seriously considering the muffler delete instead of the 14" Maggie right now...

OP
OP
Ram82808

Ram82808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
yea dude keep the resonators ! when you do the muffler delete and the pipes are cut drive aroudn the block so you can see how annoying that thing is ! NASCAR type ! delete the muffler and you will love it