Inline tuner 2023 RAM 1500 Rebel 5.7L V8 Hemi eTorque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhillysDilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Hello fellow RAM owners, I have a question if I may. I have a 2023 RAM Rebel 5.7L V8 Hemi eTorque, I have done a K&N Cold Air Intake, Throttle Body Spacer, and Muffler Delete (left resonators on and it sounds sexy). My next obvious step is a tuner or fuel management system. I like the Edge Pulsar Inline Tuning Module and Insight CTS3 Monitor Combo (19-23 5.7L RAM 1500) Item R134400 (https://www.americantrucks.com/edge...odule-insight-cts3-monitor-combo-33551-3.html). Here is where it gets tricky, my ECU connector pins are on the top and not the side, which rights this tuner incompatible with my ECU. Any thoughts ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

jokingjimmy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
You've probably seen this by now, but this inline tuner (any for that matter) does not work with etorque motors. Website typo. There isn't a piggyback tuner available for the etorqie that I've been able to find. Only PCM unlock/swap tuners or pedal contiollers (controllers only change pedal response, not engine power/torque).

jokingjimmy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
The Pulsar piggyback WILL work with etorque motors pre 2023. There's videos of folks running the piggyback in eTorque setups.

Unfortunately, in 2023 RAM went to a new PCM module that made the Pulsar incompatible (I confirmed with Holley/Edge Products technical earlier this week). The only choice at the moment for our PCM 2023+ is either a throttle controller like the Banks PedalMonster, Pulsar XT, (NOT the inline standard Pulsar you are referencing) , etc. Most other mods like CAI and exhaust won't add any HP either, although the Vararam might. Long tube headers will for sure but i believe it requires a tube. That I'm not sure yet, all the long tube headers installs I've seen dyno tested with a tune running, so it wasn't clear to me if the PCM adjusts to headers without a tune or not.

If you want a tune you'll have to get a traditional tune and either a) unlock your PCM (void warranty) or b) get an unlocked PCM (potentially void warranty if you get any engine issues, even if you swap back before dealer visit).

Makes me wish i had gotten a 22 lol. But damned that digital cluster is nice.

Good luck!

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
The Pulsar piggyback WILL work with etorque motors pre 2023. There's videos of folks running the piggyback in eTorque setups.

Unfortunately, in 2023 RAM went to a new PCM module that made the Pulsar incompatible (I confirmed with Holley/Edge Products technical earlier this week). The only choice at the moment for our PCM 2023+ is either a throttle controller like the Banks PedalMonster, Pulsar XT, (NOT the inline standard Pulsar you are referencing) , etc. Most other mods like CAI and exhaust won't add any HP either, although the Vararam might. Long tube headers will for sure but i believe it requires a tube. That I'm not sure yet, all the long tube headers installs I've seen dyno tested with a tune running, so it wasn't clear to me if the PCM adjusts to headers without a tune or not.

If you want a tune you'll have to get a traditional tune and either a) unlock your PCM (void warranty) or b) get an unlocked PCM (potentially void warranty if you get any engine issues, even if you swap back before dealer visit).

Makes me wish i had gotten a 22 lol. But damned that digital cluster is nice.

Good luck!
I've been looking at the pulsar XT... your saying these work on the 23 and 24 models with the etorque?