Muffler recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fishman1113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I got my JBA 1 3/4" longtube headers installed a little over two weeks ago. I also purchased and installed the Y pipe by JBA. I already had a custom exhaust that consists of a single 3" in dual 2.5" out Dynamaster super 10 muffler. I did not have dual exhaust originally so had everything from the muffler back replaced as well. I had tips added too.

My problem is that when I get on the gas going down the street, I have a terrible high pitched popping sound. My guess is that with the single chamber muffler is catching air in the chamber and then releasing to give me the popping sound. Not sure that's just my guess. So KI'm looking for a new muffler. I'm thinking either the magnaflow super 44 or super 40 series. I have an appointment for Saturday morning to have one installed.
I'm installing a diablo trinity tuner at the end of the month. So that may help the sound having it tuned also. Not sure. It does seem like the power is there it's just not transferring to the wheels yet. Any other recommendations would be welcomed. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BARON95

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Ive had a few people tell me the Carven mufflers sound really good and don't pop or drone. Might want to give that a quick look

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fishman1113

Fishman1113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive had a few people tell me the Carven mufflers sound really good and don't pop or drone. Might want to give that a quick look

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I will. I have heard a little chatter about them over the last couple weeks. Thanks

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would stay away from chambered mufflers for this application. If your just looking for a muffler I suggest a magnaflow or you could do a Corsa catback for awesome sound and no drone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love my carven easy bolt on install too. Sounds mean when you get on it

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fishman1113

Fishman1113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would stay away from chambered mufflers for this application. If your just looking for a muffler I suggest a magnaflow or you could do a Corsa catback for awesome sound and no drone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Definitely just doing a muffler. Literally just had the dynamaster and pipes bent and installed two months ago. So I just want something that can be placed in between the 3" pipe on the in and the dual 2.5" pipes on the out. Really hoping that it won't take much more work than a cut and weld job. (I've already spent a lot more than my wife and frankly I was hoping to on the exhaust system at this point.) [emoji1]
So would either of the magnaflows I'm looking at be descent?

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I had an obnoxious popping/crackling sound on my longtubes and no cats. I think it was from not having the cats installed. I put on the Borla Pro XS and absolutely love it. Sounds more like a muscle car now I think

OP
OP
Fishman1113

Fishman1113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an obnoxious popping/crackling sound on my longtubes and no cats. I think it was from not having the cats installed. I put on the Borla Pro XS and absolutely love it. Sounds more like a muscle car now I think

I of course had the cats removed because of installing the Y pipe. So a new exhaust made the difference for you then?

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I of course had the cats removed because of installing the Y pipe. So a new exhaust made the difference for you then?

Absolutely. I had the spintech prostreet 9000 and it was extremely loud. With the Borla the crackle is still there, but barely. The spintech was obnoxious. I've had 3 mufflers now and the Borla is easily the best

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990