Muffler options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had a Carven R before with no resonators. I loved it. That will be what I go with again when I get ready to replace the one on my current truck.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I were to do it again (which I am once I put heads on) I would do the biggest body muffler I could fit, I think the bolt in Magnaflow/Mufflex are 22-24"
I just bought this exact unit, but I found out our governor passed a law to stop vehicles that have a non stock exhaust and its a $1,000 fine for getting caught with it, all of the garages around me will not install my muffler with the fear of losing their NYS inspection license good PRNY strikes again no wonder people are still relocating.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just bought this exact unit, but I found out our governor passed a law to stop vehicles that have a non stock exhaust and its a $1,000 fine for getting caught with it, all of the garages around me will not install my muffler with the fear of losing their NYS inspection license good PRNY strikes again no wonder people are still relocating.
Moved from PRNY 4 years ago and will never look back. My inspection here in NC is toot horn and turn on the lights. PASSED.. No smog test or connection to the OBD port.

Poor guy that bought my F150 3 months ago. Flowmaster 40 with dual exits. He lives in NY..... OOps

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Moved from PRNY 4 years ago and will never look back. My inspection here in NC is toot horn and turn on the lights. PASSED.. No smog test or connection to the OBD port.

Poor guy that bought my F150 3 months ago. Flowmaster 40 with dual exits. He lives in NY..... OOps

I say F them, my truck has had the Corsa on since before the law. And once I do the headers I still say F them, I am not dealing with continual broken manifold bolts using the factory crap.

I will say I am thinking of selling the Corsa and putting the stock tailpipes on with the big body bolt in muffler so the truck is not super loud. Or just adding the big corsa resonator to the mid pipe to tone it down a bit.

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree, I’m noticing that more now. I’d like a good v8 sound but could do without the “waaaaaaahhh” at light acceleration going up a hill or something. Didn’t have it with v8 sports cars I’ve had before but I guess the Hemi is just different in truck applications.

You have 2 options for MDS:

1. Always use the shift button(s) and set it "8th gear", the truck will shift normally and MDS will not kick in, I did this for years.

2. Go all in and get a tuner/disable MDS

Add the 18" or 22" bolt in Magnaflow and it will only drone a little around the 1800-2000RPM range, but it was honestly not that bad from what I remember.

I had a dynmax catback on my 04' Ram/hemi and that was unbearable to drive from the drone.

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve had muffler deletes on two trucks with resonators left on and too much drone for me. This new truck I put in a FloPro Super V muffler and has attitude when I want it to and minimal cab drone but still quiet enough at cruising speeds that I can still hear my tires humming.
I’m happy with it.IMG_1972.jpeg