Muffler Swap for 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckRamRed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 Big Horn, 5.7 V8 with K&N cold air intake. Looking to do a muffler swap now and buy pipes later. I am wondering what peoples opinions are between the Flowmaster Outlaw vs. the Flowmaster American thunder. Or any other good direct fit muffler. Looking for something that you can actually tell a difference in from stock. Something that sounds good. Looking to hear from personal experiences.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Carven. I have the progressive on my 2011 CC. Quiter of the two models. Sounds great! Much more aggressive sound than stock, but not too loud.

electricyeti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I do think the carven sounds better . But I will stick with what I have. Ordering cutout for strip

Jetsfan122

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Express Crew Cab White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Flowmaster Outlaw on mine with K & N CAI. I love it. It's pretty loud and there is drone, but it doesn't bother me at all. There are times I don't even listen to my radio as I'd rather hear the exhaust rumble.

Pinnacleplumbing1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Carven competitor ... love it... pretty loud though (which I like)... drone isn't all that bad... I have had flowmaster on almost every truck I have ever owned... they all sound good.. Carven sounds different ... better in my opinion... good luck with your choice!!!