Mufflex 24"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Alright, i'm looking at exhausts again. Previously i had a Carven Progressive and loved it 95% of the time, but it droned like crazy at highway speeds. I've been going back and forth with what i want to do, and while i don't want to drop the coin for the corsa (drone free system), it might eventually get to that point.
Before doing that i wanted to give the Mufflex 24" bolt on a try and figured i'd ask here again for real world experience with the crew cabs.
I want more rumble than the stock muffler, but i don't want drone, especially at cruising speeds on the interstate/highway.
From your experience, will this work, or will i be pulling it off after my next long trip because it droned for hours? If i need to just bite the bullet and go with the entire corsa system, i can do that, but i was hoping to stretch the budget and buy other parts as well.

Thanks for the real world feedback.

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the mufflex 18" and the sound is what I wanted. A nice rumble but not obnoxious and not loud at all at cruising speed. It does have drone when the MDS kicks in but you can get rid of that with a tuner.

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
MDS is already turned off. What i found with the Carven was that it was like robbing Peter to pay Paul. With the MDS on, around town it sounded like crap when the MDS kicked in. It also created a nasty buzz/rattle at certain RPM's. When i turned the MDS off, the Drone made long distances at 1500-1800 RPM's miserable.
I'm hoping to avoid that with a less aggressive muffler.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
That's the muffler I plan on ordering too. I had the 18, and it was too loud at hwy speeds. On a scale of 1 to 10, Mufflex said the 18 was a 7, and it was just too much for me. The 24 is supposed to be a 4, so that should be perfect.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Alright, i'm looking at exhausts again. Previously i had a Carven Progressive and loved it 95% of the time, but it droned like crazy at highway speeds. I've been going back and forth with what i want to do, and while i don't want to drop the coin for the corsa (drone free system), it might eventually get to that point.
Before doing that i wanted to give the Mufflex 24" bolt on a try and figured i'd ask here again for real world experience with the crew cabs.
I want more rumble than the stock muffler, but i don't want drone, especially at cruising speeds on the interstate/highway.
From your experience, will this work, or will i be pulling it off after my next long trip because it droned for hours? If i need to just bite the bullet and go with the entire corsa system, i can do that, but i was hoping to stretch the budget and buy other parts as well.

Thanks for the real world feedback.
I have had the 24" Mufflex for about a month now. Good idle, and rumble on acceleration from a stop, but settles down above ~1700 rpm.
The only time I notice it on the freeway is under hard acceleration. Might be different if I was towing, but unless I'm into the skinny pedal the truck just purrs.

I added the 5" tips and got a lot more rumble, kinda side-pipe like. I might have gone just tips with the stock muffler if I'd known, but I really wanted that boat anchor stock muffler gone.

If you want to sound like a new Mustang GT, or LS-7 Corvette, this is not the set-up for you. This is what Mufflexs calls their "mellow" configuration.

If you want it clear to those who hear that you have a Hemi in your RAM and some ponies under the hood its about right, without being @$$hole loud. I don't wake the neighbors, but the wife and dog know when I pull up.

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mufflex 24"

I have the 24 mufflex. No drone really to speak of. Somewhat louder than stock. Great choice for long trips. I've been through the loud phase with cars, not doing it with this truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the DODS14 kit on my RAM and I love it. I don't have any drone however I have the single exhaust. I went to the Mufflex shop to buy my muffler and they had a RAM with the dual exhaust and the DOD18M on it and it sounded really nice. Mufflex rates the sound level to be at 9 out of 10 for my kit as far as aggressiveness but I would say it's more of a 6 or 7.

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Great information. Anyone running headers, either long or short, with the muffled Maggie? If so, how much did it change the tone?

BackCountryAK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab & 6.4' bed
Engine
Great information. Anyone running headers, either long or short, with the muffled Maggie? If so, how much did it change the tone?

I'm curious too. Borla catback and long tubes with cats was too much for the wife. I miss the around town rumble but not when towing long distance.

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm running the Flowmaster 50hd direct fit. No drone and it sounds good. It's loud when you want it to be and and quiet when you don't.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk