‘24 Ram 2500 Instrument Cluster issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well, second day of owning my new ‘24 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4. I brought it home yesterday, parked it in my garage, locked it and went to bed. This morning/afternoon, I go back down to start putting my stuff into it. Unlocked, illuminated like normal until I went to start it. Wouldn’t start. Had my jumper pack and gave it a jump, fired right up. Drove it today and parked it. I was doing some things in my garage and noticed that the center of the instrument panel was still illuminated. Truck is off and locked. Adjusted some settings on the screen but still won’t power down. It will go off for 3-5 seconds but comes back on with the “Press brake petal to start” message. I’ve since locked it and came into the house. I can still see it illuminated on my security camera.

I have the level 2 Big Horn package so I have the upgraded cluster.

I’m taking it to the dealership tomorrow to see what’s going on. I’ve read some others having these kinds of issues but nothing really recent. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Thanks!

Adam

Attachments

• IMG_8488.jpeg
    IMG_8488.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 14

Dredger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
That would explain the dead battery. I'm sorry you're having these issues but it's a beautiful truck! I'd keep detailed notes of the issue (pictures, video, amount of time, etc.) just in case the truck decides to "act normal" on the dealers lot ;)

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It may be as simple as a bad battery. These trucks do strange things very similar to what you described with a bad battery.

The dealer will get you sorted out I'm sure.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well, second day of owning my new ‘24 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4. I brought it home yesterday, parked it in my garage, locked it and went to bed. This morning/afternoon, I go back down to start putting my stuff into it. Unlocked, illuminated like normal until I went to start it. Wouldn’t start. Had my jumper pack and gave it a jump, fired right up. Drove it today and parked it. I was doing some things in my garage and noticed that the center of the instrument panel was still illuminated. Truck is off and locked. Adjusted some settings on the screen but still won’t power down. It will go off for 3-5 seconds but comes back on with the “Press brake petal to start” message. I’ve since locked it and came into the house. I can still see it illuminated on my security camera.

I have the level 2 Big Horn package so I have the upgraded cluster.

I’m taking it to the dealership tomorrow to see what’s going on. I’ve read some others having these kinds of issues but nothing really recent. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Thanks!

Adam
It’s an issue with connected services and the telematics box:
IMG_0311.jpeg

OP
OP
Drummin4jc

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So, after doing a lot of reading and research, I think the system just needed a reboot. I did a factory reset from the radio this morning and the problem has been resolved. All is well! Thank you for the suggestions!

Adam

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357