New MBRP dual exhaust :) Videos inside!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Sounds good! Love my MBRP also.

Hey are you still loving this MBRP? I just picked up truck yesterday from getting my 1-3/4 ARH long tubes and high flow cats in Y-pipe installed to stock exahaust.

I have always loved this MBRP sound and I would buy the 409 stainless kit today! Could install on Sat!

Anyone else get this exhaust? It's just hard to tell from youtube vids...I want the raspy mean V8 sound. Not the burbly flowmaster. Mufflex is better but I read some say its great but nothing special. I want raspy mean but not stupid loud at easy driving, but when I gas it I want it to get pissed off!

My Mbrp is on par with the mufflex/magnaflows. Mbrp has 2 styles of mufflers the chambered similar to flowmaster and the perforated core witch is similar to the magnaflow.

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Two styles , didn't know, thanks! Which one comes with the cat back kits for the Rams? I would order the 409 stainless cat back with tips through stock bumper. Muffler is like 26" long I think MBRP told me when I had called.

I read somewhere these Hemi's like straight through non chambered type mufflers but I wouldn't know.

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@OMALLEY_808 what model number exhaust did you get? I am curious about the two styles MBRP mufflers mentioned.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been wanting to know this as well....I have the MF catback but want to change to the MBRP muffler, but not sure which muffler is the one i want/need.

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sounds Awsome!

I have the Stainless Works Cat back and I really really dig it. It allows you to hear the intake cross over open up when you floor it and it really sings.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why is it so hard to get an answer as to which muffler is used...chambered or packed? I even called MBRP and they will sell me the muffler for just under $300 lol but not tell me its type.

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can confirm that the 409 stainless kit that we ca find for around $580 online (I bought from Matt @ Moe's for 564) is the open through design. The kit comes in Aluminum for like $410, the 409 stainless is around $580 and the 304 stainless I am not sure but I know it's over $700. I live in Eugene OR and we do have a very wet climate but hardly snows or ices over so we really dont do salt much around here. Vehicles are in good shape from our location so I felt good about the 409 stainless and can confirm it is pretty nice in person.

I actually took a video showing the inside! Looks really cool in there! I am about to go out and finish the install. Look up my build/member thread for my truck titled "jlpowell84's Ram" as I will be posting all the pics, that video of the inside of the muffler and revving videos when I am done. I do have to meet my mom at 1230 so pic/vids upload may not happen until 4-5pm Pacific.

Last edited:

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I honestly do not know enough about Hemi's to know if a straight through design is better. Some say it is but it's all speculation unless someone can give us some hard facts. Seems like a good idea on paper and I am about to find out! I was happy it was straight through when I looked at it...

Last edited:

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you sir for confirming the design, much appreciated. Final question, can you tell me the muffler length please? Thanks

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the sake of documentation I will link another sample vid here after I install the Vibrant resonator even though I am linking it in two other places...

Should have a pretty unique Hemi sound IMO. I have yet to see the MBRP cat back with ARH long tubes and it has definitely been WAY MORE aggressive sounding than just the MBRP cat back videos I have seen dozens of. After the Long tubes were installed the sound didn't change much but boy did the effect it once I got a high flow cat back on there lol! The Vibrant ultra quiet resonator seems to have drastic effects on the ricer cars and since it's not partial to 4 or 8 cylinders I have a slight worry it will be too much. But I have already formed ideas how to limit it's noise reduction if so by blocking off some of the perforated holes inside the 3" through bore...

@Cmil527 I think I have a pick of your rear end saved on my desktop :/ I seen the shaved emblems, blacked out shield Ram logo and black tips. I plan to follow in your footsteps but prob will get a custom black emblem to replace Ram...Looks really sharp and clean, well done sir!

Last edited:

warwagon98xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does mbrp make an exhaust to fit the 2500 5.7?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does mbrp make an exhaust to fit the 2500 5.7?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

In my searching I had never looked for 3rd gen but I did see NUMEROUS options for single pipe being dumped out the side. Same exact exhaust I think just single pipe. Call MBRP to find exact model number, and ask if the muffler in the kit is a straight through design...

My coworker has an 05 with 60k miles. We just installed a K&N on his then he had our muffler shop weld a 14" Magnaflow in. After hearing mine he wants to switch