OEM Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Comus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
When I bought my 2012 Ram 3500 6.7L Laramie Mega Cab, the original owner replaced the exhaust from the turbo back with a 5" exhaust pipe. I'm having to move to a state with more stringent emission inspections and I'm looking to reinstall the oem exhaust. I've been doing some research and I've come across what looks like two versions of the installed catalytic converter. One is part of the down pipe from the turbo and the other between the down pipe and the diesel particulate filter. How can I determine which version was on my truck? Also if anyone has a complete system they removed I may consider buying it provided it's still in good shape.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The exhaust will have the cat in the downpipe, then under the truck will be the DPF and NOX filters. I would start searching around now for the factory exhaust so you can hopefully find one at a decent price. Expect to pay $500+.
Don't forget to switch back to the stock tuning as well otherwise the truck won't go into regen and the DPF will just plug up. Is the rest of the emission equipment (EGR cooler, EGR valve) still on the truck?

OP
OP
C

Comus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
All the rest on top of the engine is still in place. I know it'll be expensive. I originally bought the truck to run HOTSHOT but it didn't work out. Once I'm not upside down on the loan I'll sell it. There is only 89,000 miles on the truck.