Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
As beautiful as California may be..... my morals don’t allow me to travel to any state that wont let me carry my guns on me and in my truck WITH whatever capacity mag I feel like.
same goes for place of employment. Iv never worked anywhere that I couldn’t carry. I will gladly find a new job if they don’t like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Texas awaits you all, gentlemen!

Oh, and to keep this oil related, how's this: my first UOA sample is on its way to Blackstone! While I've never had issues with the Hemi in my '16 Reb, I figured I'd check its condition at the 30K OCI a few weeks back after running QSAD 5W-20 (dino oil) for its entire life. Definitely glad I'm now running synth after reading this and other threads about the tick!

TXCOMT

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I
As beautiful as California may be..... my morals don’t allow me to travel to any state that wont let me carry my guns on me and in my truck WITH whatever capacity mag I feel like.
same goes for place of employment. Iv never worked anywhere that I couldn’t carry. I will gladly find a new job if they don’t like it.

I agree with everything you said but a lot of us might be hard pressed to find a job that lets you concealed carry on the job that is. I will say that my (unnamed)employer tells us to keep them locked up in the truck and use a little common sense if the need arises. I will say its not terribly uncommon to walk in the door and find one of my coworkers cleaning a shotgun though. I could only imagine what it would be like to work somewhere else where your shift mate buys a new .45 and brings it right through the front door for show and tell(another thing that happens at work from time to time)and the reaction he would get in liberal LaLa land. Sorry we don't have any women either. They thought about it recently but decided its not worth the effort for all of us to change who we are to break new barriers and ****.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To

Hot

In

Texas

Send me to Alaska

Yep, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!

Actually, it's really too humid here at times for me and we're just too close to Mexico! I liked living in Montana, but it was by no means perfect, either!

TXCOMT

Last edited:

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Kansas, carry with no permit and no vechile inspections and get a full 4 seasons of weather and none of them last to long..lol

Oh and the house market it not stupid like in other parts of the country.

Where my daughter lives in California right now the house is worth 5 mill, here in might bring 150k. Just freaken crazy.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What didn't you like about Montana ?

"Mud season!" It's a thing, so if you like to keep your rigs clean, well, forget about it! One other thing...if your friends and family live far away, it can be - like other flyover states - a little difficult (read time-consuming and expensive) to visit.

Still, I'd move back in a heartbeat; the wife, not so much!

Now back to synth oil, I have to say again how I appreciate the contributors to this thread; I've learned way more than I probably need to know about the stuff, but I'm glad to have it in my rig now. Peace of mind is awesome!

TXCOMT

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
To answer your question about Idaho Newbie, plan on one season inside. My brother moved there and went broke because he didn't account for the 3 months per year he couldn't work his job. But the summers are great and the pan handle is just awesome. You can drive for 20 minutes on a 4 lane road and maybe see but a couple people. At least that's how it was 20 years ago. Shooting ranges right on the side of the freeway, love that ****. Everyone in red flannel shirts, probably Camo now. Camo became the new flannel somehow. Rivers and lakes and eagles everywhere, pulling fish out of any eddy if you can find one. access to wilderness w/o fences. I really like N Montana as well. Probably have to ditch the CA license plates, my brother had a hard time with that when he first moved there. However my brother wasn't someone you would really want to chose to be the person to have a hard time with, dishonorably discharged from the Marines for kicking his sergeants ass. He lacks that filter, it would probably take 5 of me to take him down. So since I aint that, I would like an open carry state as well. If my wife ever kicks me to the curb, pan handle here I come. Don't know much about south idaho, the time I went to see my brother we went through spokane.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Anyone want to buy a Snapping Turtle?

Last edited:

Diesel358

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
e022d6d21ba685e05c229f198ad64638.png

I saw this on Facebook and thought it was funny. If you want a quiet motor use Royal Purple [emoji23] Hahaha

2016 Ram 1500 CC Express 5.7L Hemi 8 Speed 2WD with leveling kit.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To answer your question about Idaho Newbie, plan on one season inside. My brother moved there and went broke because he didn't account for the 3 months per year he couldn't work his job. But the summers are great and the pan handle is just awesome. You can drive for 20 minutes on a 4 lane road and maybe see but a couple people. At least that's how it was 20 years ago. Shooting ranges right on the side of the freeway, love that ****. Everyone in red flannel shirts, probably Camo now. Camo became the new flannel somehow. Rivers and lakes and eagles everywhere, pulling fish out of any eddy if you can find one. access to wilderness w/o fences. I really like N Montana as well. Probably have to ditch the CA license plates, my brother had a hard time with that when he first moved there. However my brother wasn't someone you would really want to chose to be the person to have a hard time with, dishonorably discharged from the Marines for kicking his sergeants ass. He lacks that filter, it would probably take 5 of me to take him down. So since I aint that, I would like an open carry state as well. If my wife ever kicks me to the curb, pan handle here I come. Don't know much about south idaho, the time I went to see my brother we went through spokane.
Thanks Burla, I've seen some pictures of Montana and it's absolutely beautiful. Was just wondering if Idaho was similar. I'm not a fan of snow at all, but open country is deffinately a +.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pre-advance I do apologize for hijacking this thread one more time but you guys are the only few within this forum that actually take most of my post seriously.
I have a question on a certain system within these ram trucks.

The ESC system!

I know fall is approaching and this will be my first full winter with The Judge.
We don’t get much snow here in my region but we do get a lot of ice storms. Seems when we do get snow we get it pretty heavy anymore. Being that said our DOT does not spend a lot of money on equipment to remove that heavy snow quick so we are having to deal with driving in it for a few days before they get it all cleared off at least the main roads.

Mr Blair’s video that I am about to post really got me thinking about this system & read where it plays hell with the four-wheel-drive along with the anti-slip rearends proper operation.

I also have read where you actually have to push and hold in On the ESC button for at least 10 seconds before it somewhat but not fully disables the system.

I guess my point is: I have read, not experimented yet due to no snow/Ice yet.
This system when functional really does not let the four-wheel-drive along with the anti-slip rearend perform together as it was intended.
From what I have read you have to push in on the ESC button for at least 10 seconds to somewhat disable the system for the four-wheel-drive along with the Anti-Slip rearend and to perform together.

If Any of you have any input or advice on these systems and how they do or don’t work together.
Please Share!

Once again I do apologize for hijacking the thread.
Why is it that we have to rely on someone else to figure how stuff works? You would think FCA would make that info available.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Ok: I think I some what found my answer for when we initially get our large amount of snow or Ice.

This is perfect for below 40mph.
Now I can now dream of having front/rear electronic lockers.

I apologize for all the curse words I can’t bleep them out.

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So I guess we shut the can, which is probably a good thing. But I at least find this interesting, redline d6 is the thin atf, and c+ is the thicker. The replacement would be d6 for the 8 speed, and c+ for the 6 speed. Now, shouldn't it be the exact opposite? Because the zf8 runs hot shouldn't it have the thicker atf? And because the 6 speed runs cool should it have the thinner atf, especially in the cold? The real question is when FCA used a transmission that preheats fluid why was it necessary to go to the thinnest atf around? I think you fellas with the 8 speed have that to consider, if my 8 speed was constantly running hot I would have to consider c+ as an option. I also think guys in snow states should at least put some thought into the thinner atf for the 6 speed.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
d6- flows better with cooler temps

Vis @ 40°C, CSt 31
Vis @ 100°C, CSt 6.3
Viscosity Index 163
Pour Point, °C -60
Pour Point, °F -76

c+- stays thicker at operating temps

Vis @ 100°C, CSt 7.1
Vis @ 40°C, CSt 35.1
Viscosity Index 213
Pour Point, °C -60
Pour Point, °F -76

We ran a different oil for engine protection despite mds, should we be running a different oil in the zf8 despite the spec?

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Hey fellers-- been busy. Real busy. It's good to see this thread is still thriving. When I have time, I'll go back and read the several thousand posts I've missed.

Real quick @SyN -- on some trucks, that will do it. On mine, it "says" it's "off", but it is not. Cannot spin, not even on gravel or ice. The only time it is actually off (in my truck) is when you are in 4Lo Lock and under 20 mph. It defaults back to "normal" above that speed and you have to go back to a stop and meet the other parameters to turn it off again. My book states it fairly clearly that only some trucks can be turned completely off, but doesn't suggest what option(s) allow it. Possibly the Aisin tranny combo and/or gear ratio? I dunno, but it's frustrating.

Btw, my truck is still doing well. No tick, no lights. Almost 45k and never been to a dealer yet. Hope all is well.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
As long as the 4WD & Anti-Spin operates/functions as it should I have no problem with the video.

I do know with this system fully functioning the Anti-Spin is practically worthless it also effects the 4WD operation as well.

Very Interesting/But Stupid! I will have to experiment with it this winter.

I Still have hope: Since there are so many positive results posted from owners whom have done this & reported back with a night & day difference in performance = 4WD Performance!

Last edited:

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We ran a different oil for engine protection despite mds, should we be running a different oil in the zf8 despite the spec?

Does the TorqueFlite 8/8HP70 need a different fluid? Are there a lot failures we can attribute to the spec used today? I'm genuinely curious...I just haven't heard of that many issues.

TXCOMT

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990