Tranny issues :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all, long time no visit...

I am afraid my 2012 transmission is taking a dump. Everything was fine, we got an ice storm in Oregon and I used 4 low and 4 high numerous times over a few weeks. Then all of a sudden I'm getting numerous codes on my Diablo sport. PO734, PO735, PO933, PO430, PO137. I am assuming the oxygen sensors on the exhaust are easy. I had my mechanic who is very experienced with these trucks take a look and he feels it's either a tuning computer issue or the transmission is failing.

Has anyone had transmission issues with a hemi fever tune ? I have never been a fan of the tune honestly. I really hope it wasn't a dumb move.

The other thing is I rarely drive my truck aggressive. Here in there I'll get on it but I really have babied her since I bought it used. The original owner had mostly highway miles but I suppose he could've abused it.

I tried to reinstall the original back up tune but it failed with an error and won't let me. I have since installed the canned 'gas mileage' tune on the Diablo sport.

If the transmission is failing does anyone have advice? What is a ballpark cost? How long of a life can I expect out of it?

One last thing is I do have the edge racing torque converter installed. Perhaps something with that or the shop and installed it could have messed something up? I will say I did feel like fourth gear was always a tad clunky in a very very minor sense in times past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
Hey all, long time no visit...

I am afraid my 2012 transmission is taking a dump. Everything was fine, we got an ice storm in Oregon and I used 4 low and 4 high numerous times over a few weeks. Then all of a sudden I'm getting numerous codes on my Diablo sport. PO734, PO735, PO933, PO430, PO137. I am assuming the oxygen sensors on the exhaust are easy. I had my mechanic who is very experienced with these trucks take a look and he feels it's either a tuning computer issue or the transmission is failing.

Has anyone had transmission issues with a hemi fever tune ? I have never been a fan of the tune honestly. I really hope it wasn't a dumb move.

The other thing is I rarely drive my truck aggressive. Here in there I'll get on it but I really have babied her since I bought it used. The original owner had mostly highway miles but I suppose he could've abused it.

I tried to reinstall the original back up tune but it failed with an error and won't let me. I have since installed the canned 'gas mileage' tune on the Diablo sport.

If the transmission is failing does anyone have advice? What is a ballpark cost? How long of a life can I expect out of it?

One last thing is I do have the edge racing torque converter installed. Perhaps something with that or the shop and installed it could have messed something up? I will say I did feel like fourth gear was always a tad clunky in a very very minor sense in times past.

P0734 and P0735 indicate trans is slipping in 4th and 5th. P0933 is indicative of a plugged trans filter, likely clutch material. What's the fluid smell/look like and how's the level. Check when cold at idle with the truck in neutral(block wheels or e-brake)

I'm always leery of "mostly highway miles" with this 545RFE. That's where most of the trans damage comes from, people romping from a roll to pass takes out OD. NEVER go wide open throttle in 4th or 5th.

OP
OP
jlpowell84

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry for delay. When I just had my edge racing torque converter installed my guys said fluid looked really good. But dealership prob changed it...

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
Sorry for delay. When I just had my edge racing torque converter installed my guys said fluid looked really good. But dealership prob changed it...

Unfortunately here-say from a while ago isn't representative of current status. Not saying your guy is lying but fluid can burn up fast when clutches start slipping. Even if it was good yesterday it might not be now.