Trinity 1000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Well I was excited to get my Christmas present the Trinity package with pcm for the 2500 6.4 truck. However this thing did not disable my Eco mode when I requested it to do so. It did not calibrate my speedometer for the new tire size either. I updated the damn thing too.. I have emails into Diablo see if they want to help with this issue or not. Yes it did show that the tune was written to the new pcm and all that too before anyone chops off my head.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The eco light will still come on even when MDS is turned off, so there may not be any issue there.

OP
OP
Ram-engineer

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Nah, you can hear it bog down even like it always does when in Eco mode

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
There is no such thing as eco mode though. The eco light is simply there to show you that you are driving correctly to get the best mileage. The MDS system is what shuts it down to 4 cylinders on the highway. The eco light is always going to come on whether the MDS is on or off. Mine is disabled in the tuning, and I even switched to non MDS lifters, and the eco light still comes on anytime I cruise on the highway at lower rpms.

If you think it did not disable the MDS even though you did turn it off, then I would return it back to stock and then reload the tune again. Then after the tune is loaded, do into the quick adjust settings to correct your speedometer for the larger tires.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
^^^ This ^^^

Do your adjustments after you have loaded a tune.

gybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had exactly the same experience. Based on my experience, I recommend not holding your breath while waiting for an answer from Diablosports. I went ahead and posted an inquiry to Hemifever at Dodge, Jeep & Chrysler Tuning | Jeep Chip | Dodge Programmer & More | Diablo | SCT. Sean answered me back within hours! He offers a "preloaded tune upgrade" that will disable the MDS. You can order and pay at Hemifever preloaded tune upgrade. It's all done by email. I began the process late this morning and by 2:00 PM, NO MORE MDS. I think it's worth mentioning that his tune is a few steps beyond the boxed tune from Diablo. Seat of the pants says that anyway.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sean did a wonderful job with my custom tune as well. One of my requests was to turn off MDS and he did it. No worries, no issues.

OP
OP
Ram-engineer

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Looks like I will be in contact with him in a few days. Diablo fixed the issue I have to load a tune for a 2015 2500 and it all works now. I would still like to get more out of it then a boxed tune with this 93 I can tell a slight difference from stock nothing major. 0 to 60 little better by little more than .250 seconds.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
yeah, the "canned tunes" are nuthin' to write home about. I got my first custom tune about 8 or 9 years ago on a 300 SRT8. It was a real eye opener compared to the standard Predator 91 octane tune.

gybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like I will be in contact with him in a few days. Diablo fixed the issue I have to load a tune for a 2015 2500 and it all works now. I would still like to get more out of it then a boxed tune with this 93 I can tell a slight difference from stock nothing major. 0 to 60 little better by little more than .250 seconds.

Glad to hear that Diablo took care of the issue. Just curious. Does the 6.4 have MDS? If so, is there an option in any of the menus in your tune to turn off the MDS?