Heated Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I feel like this is the only part of my seat that heats up lol seriously a waste, it’s on the work order for dealer appointment on the 3rd while they install my new rear drive shaft that was bad from the factory as well.
Since that is the part your butt sits on, why would you need any other part of the seat to get warm?

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Two questions.
Any other owners notice under performance of this feature?
I had a 2015 and now own a 2020 (5th gen) and to my mind the heated seats work as advertised. I rarely use 3rd level in my '20.

For reference, I have had many other vehicles with heated seats - most recently '23 Telluride, '15 Explorer, '09 MB CLS. I would rate the RAM system every bit as capable as any of those.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
\The steering wheel also gets quite warm very quickly.
The heated steering wheel is the better feature for me. I rarely wear gloves, even when clearing snow from the truck.
Ditto.

But I wish there were two settings for the wheel. It's really too hot for continued use.

My Boxster has heated Seats but not Steering Wheel. I'd trade in a quick second. Your (my) butt has a lot more mass than my fingers, and warms the seat up way faster than my fingers/hands could even think about warming up the steering wheel...

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2017 Laramie seats got quite toasty and pretty quickly too. Not sure why yours wouldn't do the same, but they should be felt.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ditto.

But I wish there were two settings for the wheel. It's really too hot for continued use.

My Boxster has heated Seats but not Steering Wheel. I'd trade in a quick second. Your (my) butt has a lot more mass than my fingers, and warms the seat up way faster than my fingers/hands could even think about warming up the steering wheel...
Yeah, my SW gets pretty warm. My wheel also has a wrap on it and RAM manual warns that SW heat module could have issues when wrapped. NAH< RAM, stays wrapped, LOL. I can always turn it off when I get in the truck, since both seats and SW are enabled in one setting, there is not a separate setting. As long as the drivers seat comes on, I be good. For whatever reason, RAM has it programmed for only Drivers seat to come on Remotely when enabled,

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
...both seats and SW are enabled in one setting, there is not a separate setting.
Weird - both my '15 and '20 enabled them separately, although the '15 only had two seat heating levels and the '20 has 3.

For whatever reason, RAM has it programmed for only Drivers seat to come on Remotely when enabled...
Yeah, weird. And in the summer, cooling starts at level 3 but when you get in and get ready to drive away it drops to 1 (or maybe 2, not for sure and can't test it right now!).

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Weird - both my '15 and '20 enabled them separately, although the '15 only had two seat heating levels and the '20 has 3.

Yeah, weird. And in the summer, cooling starts at level 3 but when you get in and get ready to drive away it drops to 1 (or maybe 2, not for sure and can't test it right now!).
BOIRD not got no cooling anything. Just lowly Bighorn, lucky I got heated seat(s) and SW, and LED lighting, as it was one of the 1st DT's made before RAM dropped some of the goodies to the higher trims only.

Dalton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 TD
My 2022 Laramie seat get warm, not hot like my 2019 did. Also, the steering wheel barely get warm. My 2019 I had to turn it off after a few minutes. This truck is quite different, and not in a good way.

Blair Stunder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2013 Longhorn had great heated and cooled seats. You couldn't keep the seats on the High setting as it was too hot.
My 2020 Longhorn has even hotter heated seats. The same can be said of the heated steering wheel. I wish there was a second lower setting for the steering wheel.
The seats on both vehicles have to be the hottest heated seats that I have encountered. Possibly they program lower seat temperatures for lesser models.
Better than BMW's pay as you go for heated seats in Europe.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
My steering wheel will get too hot sometimes, the seat also , I usally turn it down
It has not been cold this month , no snow, Mine will come on automatic on my truck,
depending on the outside temp. and if I remote start it comes on as well
it is heated and cooled leather 2014. I have never checked what the temp of the seat or wheel is
Would not be hard to do with my meter.
But can't do it now as we are not at home.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How about people start posting actual temps using temp gun? Maybe some of you guys just have no feeling left in your _ass_! Let's see real actual temps of these seats after 15 minutes of being on.

That's a great idea.

I'll pack a temperature gauge and grab a temp when I travel later today and check both the seat and steering wheel.

Erictye

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just bought 2023 1500 tradesman. Have 273 km on it, first tank of gas. Took vehicle out for errands and had running for at least 40 minutes. In that time I noticed my heated seats set to full were barely warming. Material is cloth.
This is my first Ram with factory heated seats. Took to the dealership and after service manager confirmed barely any heat booked an appointment for yesterday.

Tech reported seats operating as designed. Temperatures rising when heated and data changed when buttons are pressed.

There is a Star Case #2308000102 stating the seats do not get as warm as other Chrysler vehicles...

Discussion: Customers may complain that the heated seats do not get warm enough or meet their expectations. This is more noticeable in colder climates. By design, the heated seat calibrated output temperature is lower on DD than other Stellantis vehicles. Because if this, customers may perceive that their heated seats are not functioning correctly.

Vehicle returned with no change.

Talked to sales manager and requested testing another new vehicle on the lot

We ran that vehicle for 45 minutes and both also noticed barely any heat is noticed in the seats Both DS and PS.

Answer, that's too bad you can submit a complaint to Dodge Service.

Phoned them and they filed the complaint. Could not answer how many complaints are needed to escalate the concern. I was also informed that there is no customer follow up from Dodge customer satisfaction complaints.

Any other vehicle I've driven in the past you can tell when the heated seats are on. As a matter of fact went delivering Christmas gifts in my wife's Chevy Trailblazer last night with heated cloth seats when I turned them on I notice heat within a couple minutes.

Two questions.

What is your opinion of Dodge response, sorry you feel that way, that's how it is?

This is something I certainly wouldn't have noticed in a 5 minute test drive. Is the solution to stay away from this vehicle if this is a must have feature?
I have a 2022 sub zero package “made for Canadians” and the heated seats are barely warm. I suspect someone from California designed this

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought 2023 1500 tradesman. Have 273 km on it, first tank of gas. Took vehicle out for errands and had running for at least 40 minutes. In that time I noticed my heated seats set to full were barely warming. Material is cloth.
This is my first Ram with factory heated seats. Took to the dealership and after service manager confirmed barely any heat booked an appointment for yesterday.

Tech reported seats operating as designed. Temperatures rising when heated and data changed when buttons are pressed.

There is a Star Case #2308000102 stating the seats do not get as warm as other Chrysler vehicles...

Discussion: Customers may complain that the heated seats do not get warm enough or meet their expectations. This is more noticeable in colder climates. By design, the heated seat calibrated output temperature is lower on DD than other Stellantis vehicles. Because if this, customers may perceive that their heated seats are not functioning correctly.

Vehicle returned with no change.

Talked to sales manager and requested testing another new vehicle on the lot

We ran that vehicle for 45 minutes and both also noticed barely any heat is noticed in the seats Both DS and PS.

Answer, that's too bad you can submit a complaint to Dodge Service.

Phoned them and they filed the complaint. Could not answer how many complaints are needed to escalate the concern. I was also informed that there is no customer follow up from Dodge customer satisfaction complaints.

Any other vehicle I've driven in the past you can tell when the heated seats are on. As a matter of fact went delivering Christmas gifts in my wife's Chevy Trailblazer last night with heated cloth seats when I turned them on I notice heat within a couple minutes.

Two questions.

What is your opinion of Dodge response, sorry you feel that way, that's how it is?

This is something I certainly wouldn't have noticed in a 5 minute test drive. Is the solution to stay away from this vehicle if this is a must have feature?
I have a Longhorn model with heated leather seats and I have to sometimes turn mine down to a lower setting because they get too hot, and I'm in Canada ...

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had to turn seats down a bit, but my temps here are not like the frozen tundra, tho 30 F to me is like 0-10 F on the Northern folks.

extended.jpg

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.

Burden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, we sure do, I'm back at the dealer now. We are measuring 53F when off and changes to 74F within 5 minutes of turning on. Service manager is now looking if he can find a spec for the high end output in degrees. 74 isn't that hot IMO... hopefully it is programmable. We'll see what they think

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357