ABS and brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

levi5551

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
So this is how it started my 02 ram 1500 the brake and abs light came on and dinged every time I shifted so I looked around and found out to replace the sensor on the rear axle I did and now it comes on when I first start the truck then one of 3 things happens it ether works fine for the day the light come on and ding every couple seconds and don't stop till I restart the truck or they stay on an spedo quits working I have replaced the sensor twice I took the truck the lesscwabs they scanned it found no codes took it to the dodge dealer they scanned it and found no codes and had no recommendations for me I checked the sensor cleaned the connection to it it still does it and seem to be the worst after a night of heavy rain or really cold mornings if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
So this is how it started my 02 ram 1500 the brake and abs light came on and dinged every time I shifted so I looked around and found out to replace the sensor on the rear axle I did and now it comes on when I first start the truck then one of 3 things happens it ether works fine for the day the light come on and ding every couple seconds and don't stop till I restart the truck or they stay on an spedo quits working I have replaced the sensor twice I took the truck the lesscwabs they scanned it found no codes took it to the dodge dealer they scanned it and found no codes and had no recommendations for me I checked the sensor cleaned the connection to it it still does it and seem to be the worst after a night of heavy rain or really cold mornings if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it

I'm battling my own ABS and parking brake issues. Check your ABS module and the connectors going to them. Mine had corrosion so bad I'm having to get a salvaged ABS module and female connector to splice in.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424628061.849733.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1424628078.001671.jpg

Still a lot better than having the dealer do it!

Sent from San Antonio, Texas

OP
OP
L

levi5551

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I'll never go to the dealer again all they did was charge me $100 and tell me there computer found no issue and sent me on my way. To find the abs modual I just follow the wires from the spedo sensor on the rear axle? We're is it located?

OP
OP
L

levi5551

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
]Mine were both clean and dry and I checked the fuses any other ideas?

Attachments

• IMAG0227.jpg
    IMAG0227.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 88
  • IMAG0226.jpg
    IMAG0226.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 99
OP
OP
L

levi5551

Reaction score