Bed liners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok, so im going to get to do some more things to my truck here soon and on the top of my list is covering and sealing my bed. I already know what tonneau im getting but I cant decided what to do about the bed sealing.

everyone is prolly gonna say Line-x. but the only one close to me is an hour away and he needs is over night, which i cant do with my work schedule plus im not leaving my truck in that town over night.
We have a Rhino linings in town here BUT he wants 550 for its. which i think is just ridiculous. when Line-x was only 450 with HD thickness over the rail.

on the other hand i thought about a bed rug but i dont want to drop 400 on that either.

now, I can do a roll-on liner and make it look just as good since itll be covered most of the time anyway, but then it goes to which one.

i will NOT use herculiner.

I know of the bondo truck guard, and duplicolor bed armor which has kevlar in it. and then the rustoleum road warrior.

and i found this one today. Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner outperforms Herculiner Bed Liner, Duplicolor and Rustoleum Road Warrior

who has used any of these and what do you all think? and of coarse pictures are welcome.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Mikey likes his cottage cheese looking SEM stuff. :D

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
none of those DIY turns out as good as they say they should. Just pony up the 5 or 6 hundy and get it done right the first time IMO.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pay for the good stuff, those DIY kits seem like they always end up peeling. Maybe it is due to bad prep but very few people seem to get very good results.

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
i really like the bedrug idea under a tonneau but where did you all get yours, there site is 400 and i just cant see paying that for some carpeted foam.

Dad just bought one. The quality is unreal and it is really padded. Not to mention it seals the tailgate well so less dust and moisture will make its way into the box. Either way you want a quality product that will last and retain good aesthetics your gonna have to pay a bit. 4 bills is not that bad IMO.

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dad just bought one. The quality is unreal and it is really padded. Not to mention it seals the tailgate well so less dust and moisture will make its way into the box. Either way you want a quality product that will last and retain good aesthetics your gonna have to pay a bit. 4 bills is not that bad IMO.

I have put one in the bed of every truck ive ever owned. and there is a reason for it. the quality, fit and finish is nothing short of fantastic. its weather proof, wont mold/mildew. withstands fuels/oils/acids. can be taken out to clean it (pressure washer works great) easy to install yourself. lasts forever. and is soft and padded for sensitive cargo, but still rugged enough to withstand a bed full of dirt/gravel/mulch/cement, whatever you want to throw at it.

not to mention, if you are a drinker like me, and dont want to drink and drive, a covered bed with a bedrug in it is the perfect place to sleep. it has a nice amount of padding to it.

OP
OP
L

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have put one in the bed of every truck ive ever owned. and there is a reason for it. the quality, fit and finish is nothing short of fantastic. its weather proof, wont mold/mildew. withstands fuels/oils/acids. can be taken out to clean it (pressure washer works great) easy to install yourself. lasts forever. and is soft and padded for sensitive cargo, but still rugged enough to withstand a bed full of dirt/gravel/mulch/cement, whatever you want to throw at it.

not to mention, if you are a drinker like me, and dont want to drink and drive, a covered bed with a bedrug in it is the perfect place to sleep. it has a nice amount of padding to it.

:favorites13: thats a good idea!

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good for fukken too!

It's easy to lean over the side and wax the bed.

0811_sbkp_06_z+fukken_wax+euro_style_auto_wax.jpg

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Lol

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another plug for the BedRug. Best thing I added to both of my Rams.

Hubby's had one for 10 years in his truck and it is still good.

OP
OP
L

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's easy to lean over the side and wax the bed.

not mine. idk how tall you are but im 5'11" and my chin is level with the top of my bed rails. :roflsquared: plus, its pointless to wax something thats so scratched up. :roflsquared:

i dont plan on hauling much more in the bed anymore. just stuff i needa keep clean and dry. anything dirty or heavy will go on or in one of the trailers.

OP
OP
L

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i think what ive decided is im goin to get a pint of truck bed coating and do the tops of my rails because there scratched from my drop in liner and stuff dragged over the top, and ill do the bed rug with my tonneau. i think itll look really good that way. just gonna have to save up for the bedrug. lol. tonneau is comin after the rail tops.

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
bushwacker makes some really nice bed rails. check mine out.

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

and one of the bedrug

IMG_0973.jpg

Last edited:

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
What about the OEM slide in protector. I got mine free, but I think they go for less than $150 w/tailgate piece included.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
not mine. idk how tall you are but im 5'11" and my chin is level with the top of my bed rails. :roflsquared: plus, its pointless to wax something thats so scratched up. :roflsquared:

i dont plan on hauling much more in the bed anymore. just stuff i needa keep clean and dry. anything dirty or heavy will go on or in one of the trailers.

I think he was talking about being in the bed, and leaning over to the the bedside. :birgits_tiredcoffee

:roflsquared:

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
What about the OEM slide in protector. I got mine free, but I think they go for less than $150 w/tailgate piece included.

Search craigslist if you wanna go that route, I got mine for 15 bucks only downside was I had to drive there to get it and it had a hole in the middle where the guy had a gooseneck ball hitch.