Clutch pedal did something wierd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nutball

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 I6
I'm hoping someone can tell me what happened to the clutch pedal, luckily the problem went away soon after it happened, but it would be interesting to know what happened. I'll try my best to remember and describe well what happened.

I was using a 3500 manual, I'm guessing 2005, I6 engine to pull a 14ft trailer with 5 tons in it. I nearly stalled it when leaving a stop light, and I think the engine vibration might have caused the problem. I felt/heard something a little unusual from the clutch pedal. It then felt like it didn't have much pushing it back up. The clutch seemed to work as I was able to accelerate. When I went to shift, the pedal seemed loose for the first half, then super stiff, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to push it in far enough to shift, but it shifted fine and after that it went back to normal.

It's like some spring got stuck, but I don't know why it was so stiff at the bottom unless it was loose all of the way down and I had it pressed to the floor without realizing it, but I don't think so.