Homelink question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2008 1500 QC 4.7 Lonestar. I bought a factory overhead EVIC with homelink recently. I swapped it in today and programmed it. It works great so far. However, I also discovered that it works with the key out of the vehicle. This could be bad, since I go out of town at times, and leave my truck in the driveway. If somebody broke into my truck, they would have access to my garage.

I even sat in the truck, took the keys out, locked the truck with the remote, and tried the homelink again. It still activated the door opener.

My owner's manual states that homelink is disabled when the vehicle Theft Alarm is active. My truck did not come with a theft alarm.

Is there a way (maybe starscan) to program the homelink to not work when the key is out? Or maybe update the sales codes on the truck so it thinks it has an alarm system?

Ajwalk2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine works with the key out of the vehicle also. Simple solution is to keep your truck locked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The homelink in the overhead console will work at any time, key in or out.

If someone just broke into your truck and they want in your garage, they will be breaking into that too. They're not worried about the homelink opening the door for them.