Would you buy a truck with an engine knock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drewster2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Dont have one yet
Engine
Dont have one yet
Oaky so I found this truck in my town that I wanna look at but the guy says it has an engine knock
AD;
2002 Dodge ram odometer: 163000
give offers

2002 Truck has knock on engine but still drives. I used it all winter to plow. Only plowed 1 season!
I put a new radiator, new breaks, new tires, new muffler, and exhaust before season.

Plow is a Curtis snopro 7.5 foot.. I will sell both together for $2500 or will sell separate for $1300 each. I was going to buy new engine but I don't want to pay to install. Please call or text.. I am taking truck off the road soon since winter is over. If you have interest in part out I may consider..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Livinalittle

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.92
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I wouldn't even look at it.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
If you're just looking for a body to swap a different engine into then it's great, if not, don't even bother.

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
Some people are not mechanically smart or even just plain dumb sometimes. It might be something simple like an exhaust leak or a lifter issue. Wouldn't hurt to look. You never know when you're gonna step in the deal of the century. A "knock" sound to someone who doesn't know any better could be something so simple to repair.

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Back when I worked on cars & trucks for a living, several times I had a vehicle that had, what most would call, a rod knocking in the engine block. On most of these, which had automatic transmissions, the flex plate was cracked around the mounting bolts. The flex plate bolts to the rear end of the crank shaft. The plate would pop as the crank turned making what sounded like a connecting rod knock.
Have a mechanic check it out to find the source of the knock. It could also be a broken valve spring.