Which BellTech shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to be purchasing new BellTech Street Performance shocks for my 2004 ram 1500 2wd. The problem is, I'm having trouble deciding which shock (front and rear) to buy. When I go to the BellTech website and select the specs for my truck, it gives me two part numbers: 10103i for the front shocks, and 2216ff for the rear shocks. However, if I search Summit Racing's website, the part numbers for each shock are different. The numbers they give me are 10602i for the front, and 2212ff for the rears. Can anyone help me here? I want to know exactly what shocks I need to avoid having to send them back and get the correct shocks.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the front shocks figured out, but am still confused about the rear shocks. Part number 2212ff or 2216ff? I believe the 2212ff shocks are for stock ride height trucks, and the 2216ff shocks are for 4" lowered trucks. Will it matter which I get since my lowering kit came with rear shock extenders?

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I think if you're going to use the shock extenders you need to stock shocks? I can never remember. Hopefully someone will chime in

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
How is your truck dropped? If you have spindles up front, then you need stock height shocks up front. If you have springs up front, then you need the 2" front drop shocks.

On the rear, you will need stock height shocks if you choose to keep the shock extenders.

We can get these for you, so just give us some more info about your setup, and I will get the part #s together for you.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, stock size up front due to the lowering spindles. Do you guys recommend keeping the shock extenders, or ditching them and just buying the 4" drop shocks?