ordered Zone 4" today... need shocks???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I order a 4" Zone lift today (along with wheels and tires) I picked the Fox 2.0 for the rear. The guy asked me if I wanted to use the spacers in the front or if I wanted to upgrade to lifted shocks. I have not heard of anyone talking about this in any of the threads that I have been reading. Should I do this? Don't know how much of a difference it makes on the ride.
Truck is a 22 1500 buckhorn that is used as a daily driver and maybe some light dirt/gravel roads. It currently has 2" spacers in the front from a leveling kit that was on the truck when I bought it.
wondering if the 4" spacers would feel the same as the 2" (which feel fine) or If I should spend the extra for the shocks.
Thanks

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To better answer your question how will you be using the truck?

How many miles on the existing struts?

Did you do the 4/2 lift or 4/3 lift with the rear coils?

OP
OP
cike

cike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To better answer your question how will you be using the truck?

How many miles on the existing struts?

Did you do the 4/2 lift or 4/3 lift with the rear coils?
Truck is a 22 1500 buckhorn that is used as a daily driver and maybe some light dirt/gravel roads.
27k on truck
Guessing it is a 4/3 lift.. I wasn't aware there was an option on this.. part number on the paperwork is zond99 which shows rear coil springs when I look it up and says 4 front, 3 rear

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So that would be 4/3 kit. So your truck will have slight rake. If you want it to sit level get adjustable struts and you can lift the front another 1" so it will sit level.

Hopefully they gave you a good deal. We have been helping out the members here with lifts for years. Zone is the main kit we recommend. We also discuss all these things up front so its one simple and informed purchase for our buyers.

OP
OP
cike

cike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So that would be 4/3 kit. So your truck will have slight rake. If you want it to sit level get adjustable struts and you can lift the front another 1" so it will sit level.

Hopefully they gave you a good deal. We have been helping out the members here with lifts for years. Zone is the main kit we recommend. We also discuss all these things up front so its one simple and informed purchase for our buyers.
thanks, do most people run these with the spacers in the front that come with the kit, or do they upgrade to lifted shocks in place of the spacers? Not worried about trying to level it. More concerned with how it will ride. I think I got a decent deal. Lift, install, align, Fox 2.0 rear shocks, 20x10 wheels and copper rugged trek 34.5 tires (275/65r20) for $6100 with tax.. still a **** ton of money though lol

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you are not hardcore off roading the zone spacers are fine. You would want a coil over if you are going to get rid of the spacers and they are pricey. They are worth if you plan to off road and want the absolute best ride. A properly installed zone kit with the provided front spacers and stock struts will ride like stock.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
thanks, do most people run these with the spacers in the front that come with the kit, or do they upgrade to lifted shocks in place of the spacers? Not worried about trying to level it. More concerned with how it will ride. I think I got a decent deal. Lift, install, align, Fox 2.0 rear shocks, 20x10 wheels and copper rugged trek 34.5 tires (275/65r20) for $6100 with tax.. still a **** ton of money though lol
Im curious as to what their version of "lifted struts" are?

OP
OP
cike

cike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im curious as to what their version of "lifted struts" are?
not sure, (i'm not a mechanic) they asked me if I wanted to stay with the spacers or upgrade the shocks/struts. They gave me a brand, but I don't remember what they were. I remember they were about $600 (I should have written it down). I didn't pay much attention to it at the time and just told them to stay with the spacers. It wasn't until after I left that I started wondering if I should have upgraded. Sounds like, from what I have been reading that the spacers are fine for a truck like mine that won't see any hard off roading.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The spacers are probably better then the $600 lift struts. Probably were going to be ROUGH counrty

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeaaaa, at that pricepoint they probly wernt going to be any upgrade from just using the original struts and spacers.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
not sure, (i'm not a mechanic) they asked me if I wanted to stay with the spacers or upgrade the shocks/struts. They gave me a brand, but I don't remember what they were. I remember they were about $600 (I should have written it down). I didn't pay much attention to it at the time and just told them to stay with the spacers. It wasn't until after I left that I started wondering if I should have upgraded. Sounds like, from what I have been reading that the spacers are fine for a truck like mine that won't see any hard off roading.
Eww