Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 3rd Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Lowered


Lowered

Slammed help!!


This is a discussion on Slammed help!! within the Lowered forums, part of the 3rd Gen : 2002 - 2008 category!
Ok boys and girls I have a little problem I want to slam my 2wd Dodge Ram 1500 I used ...


Like Tree6Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2016, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Age: 19
Posts: 6

Ram Year: 2003
Engine: 3.7
Default Slammed help!!
Ok boys and girls I have a little problem I want to slam my 2wd Dodge Ram 1500 I used to drive a slammed Jetta and I mean slammed could not even put my foot under the bumper soooo I was looking to slam my truck I don't want to lower it if I'm going to do this I need to find a kit that will slam the truck (or as low as I can possibly go) and also find a kit that is reasonably priced please help me out guys post some pics of your rides below too thank you
usaf2006 likes this.


Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
Jpdyer3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
usaf2006's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Augusta, GA
Age: 26
Posts: 3,205

Ram Year: 2006
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Default
Slamming it requires bags. Bags require lots of fab work.

You can lower it with a combination of things to get it pretty low. For example, 2" lowering springs, 2" lowering spindles and a flip kit in the rear with a C notch in the frame. a 4/6 on a 2wd sits pretty nice on either stock 17 or 20" rims.

You can go further by trimming the lowering springs to get an extra inch of drop, but that knowledge will come from someone else. It's expensive and complicated.
Good luck!

Oh, don't forget pics of your truck if you do anything!


__________________
2006 1500 RCSB 5.7, 4wd, Paid Off Build Thread
Cosmetic
Debadged Tailgate, New Carpet
Performance
Monroe Quik-struts, Airaid MIT, SC 87 tune
usaf2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
ST-8's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Name: Mario
Age: 27
Posts: 1,844

Ram Year: 2004
Engine: 5.7
Default
Jesus Christ
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
usaf2006 likes this.


__________________
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 ST- 5.7L RCSB
SC 3865- Comp 260- 6.1 springs- 6.1 pushrods- Pacesetter coated LT's- Bfi #42- 4.56s- oem lsd unit- junkyard 4.7 trans an converter- 3/4.5 drop

Last edited by ST-8; 06-19-2016 at 10:51 PM.
ST-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Age: 19
Posts: 6

Ram Year: 2003
Engine: 3.7
Default
Originally Posted by usaf2006 View Post
Slamming it requires bags. Bags require lots of fab work.

You can lower it with a combination of things to get it pretty low. For example, 2" lowering springs, 2" lowering spindles and a flip kit in the rear with a C notch in the frame. a 4/6 on a 2wd sits pretty nice on either stock 17 or 20" rims.

You can go further by trimming the lowering springs to get an extra inch of drop, but that knowledge will come from someone else. It's expensive and complicated.
Good luck!

Oh, don't forget pics of your truck if you do anything!
Now I have seen a 5/7 on google have you seen this before and is it possible
Jpdyer3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
ST-8's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Name: Mario
Age: 27
Posts: 1,844

Ram Year: 2004
Engine: 5.7
Default
Mine is 5/7


__________________
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 ST- 5.7L RCSB
SC 3865- Comp 260- 6.1 springs- 6.1 pushrods- Pacesetter coated LT's- Bfi #42- 4.56s- oem lsd unit- junkyard 4.7 trans an converter- 3/4.5 drop
ST-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
usaf2006's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Augusta, GA
Age: 26
Posts: 3,205

Ram Year: 2006
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Default
Originally Posted by ST-8 View Post
Jesus Christ
Was I right? Hope that's not a mad jesus christ! Lol


__________________
2006 1500 RCSB 5.7, 4wd, Paid Off Build Thread
Cosmetic
Debadged Tailgate, New Carpet
Performance
Monroe Quik-struts, Airaid MIT, SC 87 tune
usaf2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: St Pauls, NC
Age: 42
Posts: 812

Ram Year: 2004
Engine: 3.7
Default
Mine is 5.5-6/8, getting ready to be 6/12.

5" is the max that you can go without getting into serious customization in the front and even at that level, you're going to wear the inner fender wells out from rubbing. 5" also induces quite a bit of bumpsteer and some geometry problems. The 7" in the back is also all I would go, I tried to go lower and ended up with massive pinion angle issues. Even at 7", the pinion angle isn't good but it's not dangerous. It's also as low as I would go with a standard c-notch. Any lower and you'll be riding bumpstops and the rear riding on bumpstops is not a good ride.

Of course, if you have money to blow, all of these can be corrected, but then you run into clearance with the ground, especially with the gas tank and crossmember.

I am gathering the parts to do it right now, but my advice would be to start at 5/7. That'll give you a good idea of the issues you'll have going lower pretty quickly. Mine sits a little higher than normal in this picture because I have air in my helper bags, which helps the ride quality a bit.

ST-8 likes this.
Bullitt5339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: St Pauls, NC
Age: 42
Posts: 812

Ram Year: 2004
Engine: 3.7
Default
Originally Posted by ST-8 View Post
Jesus Christ
Man, taking my rear bumper and that huge bracket along with the spare tire to put the roll pan on really raised the back of my truck up a lot. Even with no air in the bags, mine sits about the same as yours now. Here's the rear with the bags at the minimum 5psi:


Last edited by Bullitt5339; 06-20-2016 at 05:34 PM.
Bullitt5339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Age: 19
Posts: 6

Ram Year: 2003
Engine: 3.7
Default
Originally Posted by Bullitt5339 View Post
Mine is 5.5-6/8, getting ready to be 6/12.

5" is the max that you can go without getting into serious customization in the front and even at that level, you're going to wear the inner fender wells out from rubbing. 5" also induces quite a bit of bumpsteer and some geometry problems. The 7" in the back is also all I would go, I tried to go lower and ended up with massive pinion angle issues. Even at 7", the pinion angle isn't good but it's not dangerous. It's also as low as I would go with a standard c-notch. Any lower and you'll be riding bumpstops and the rear riding on bumpstops is not a good ride.

Of course, if you have money to blow, all of these can be corrected, but then you run into clearance with the ground, especially with the gas tank and crossmember.

I am gathering the parts to do it right now, but my advice would be to start at 5/7. That'll give you a good idea of the issues you'll have going lower pretty quickly. Mine sits a little higher than normal in this picture because I have air in my helper bags, which helps the ride quality a bit.

That truck looks great man that's what I want to a tee so I was thinking getting a 4/6 and cutting a half coil out of the front and putting maybe a inch or two block in the back
Jpdyer3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Age: 19
Posts: 6

Ram Year: 2003
Engine: 3.7
Default
Originally Posted by Bullitt5339 View Post
Man, taking my rear bumper and that huge bracket along with the spare tire to put the roll pan on really raised the back of my truck up a lot. Even with no air in the bags, mine sits about the same as yours now. Here's the rear with the bags at the minimum 5psi:

Now how much did it run you for the helper bags how are they mounted up
Jpdyer3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interesting question/dilemma for my slammed brethren. Bullitt5339 Lowered 11 04-05-2016 12:06 PM
Slammed my 2013 reg cab lilogg10 Lowered 4 06-03-2014 11:40 AM
Ram feels like brake being slammed while driving Cojay76 General Discussions 2 01-02-2014 02:12 PM

<




GM Truck Forum
Ford Raptor Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Camaro Forum
Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Cadillac Forum
Cadillac XTS Forum