Get and alignment now or wait?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Last night I replaced my upper control arms and tie rods and tie rod ends. I was going to replace the lower control arms as well but didn't have the right tool for the torsion bars. I don't know exactly when i will be able to get back in the shop to replace the lowers. But my truck needs and alignment bad. Should I get an aligment now or wait till I can do the lowers. And if I do get an aligment Will it need another when I do replace the lowers?

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Last night I replaced my upper control arms and tie rods and tie rod ends. I was going to replace the lower control arms as well but didn't have the right tool for the torsion bars. I don't know exactly when i will be able to get back in the shop to replace the lowers. But my truck needs and alignment bad. Should I get an aligment now or wait till I can do the lowers. And if I do get an aligment Will it need another when I do replace the lowers?
If your not sure how long it's gonna be I would probably get it aligned , your gonna wear the tires pretty bad depending how far out it is, and yes you'll probably need another one after, a lot of places do free alignment checks so have it checked out again after you get them changed before just throwing the money at an alignment you may not need.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Or if you have a firestone auto center near you, they do lifetime alignments I've heard. So you could get one, put the lowers on and go get another for free.

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, firestone lifetime is the way to go.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Firestone will Do lifetime alignments but to a reasonable degreee. Maybe before you spend money on them explain your situation and see if they think it's reasonable from Their perspective

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also dependent on how long you plan on keeping your truck. If your a trade it in every 3-5 yrs kinda guy might not be worth it. If you plan on sticking with your truck for the long haul then it's probably a worthwhile investment on the firestone thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is only $70 more. They will realign if parts are replaced due to wear.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

dhows31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Alignment ASAP after suspension changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk