HELP tires and wheels HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drave199

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9L
first off i have a 2002 ram 1500 4x4

So i have my heart set on some method NV wheels but i have some questions that i am hoping someone can help me answer?

First, in that wheel they only offer a 17x8.5 with a 0 offset and 4.75 backspace. will this fit my truck with any issues and how far will they stick out, if at all? my current aftermarket wheels (which i hate) came with the truck and stick out ever so slightly and don't mind it much but wouldn't want any more. sorry for my incompetence on this subject but don't really know what the backspacing or offset really mean. i want the toyo at2 in 285/75/17 and it says wheel width of 7.5-8.0-9.5. not sure if that's recommended 7.5-9.5 or just those specific ones.

Second questions is about my truck and/or the method wheels being hub centric or lug centric? again, don't really know much on this either except that it either puts all the weight on the hub or the lugs. i read somewhere that the method wheels aren't hub centric? if anyone could elaborate on this matter i would really appreciate it because the last thing i want to do is spend $1800 on tires and wheels and have issues. basically want to know if these wheels will work on my vehicle.

thanks and dont hesitate to give any feedback or advice (positive advice please). also if you have these wheels i wouldnt mind your thoughts and pictures either!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im not sure on the wheel off set. However, I do know that the factory dodge wheels are lug centric to begin with. The factory lugs have a tapered end that center the wheel. I know Fords are mostly hub centric. The wheels should work fine. It's all about finding the offset that you like and the tires that will work.