Nitto 420s or Hankook Ventus ST???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14blkbeast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok guys I'm tired of the sh** tires I have now. Only had the truck a few months. Previous owner put Mastercraft on it. The truck rides terribly and has insane amounts of road noise. They are not all terrains...just some cheap street tires.

I am tired of it and looking for something must more comfy and quiet. I've done research on here and other places leaving me to be torn between the Nitto and Hankook.

What does everyone think about these tires? What are your experiences with them....I'm going for more comfort and stickiness since the truck is getting some motor work here soon. Wont really be able to hear road noise...however would still like the best of both worlds with the purchase.

Thanks guys.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Over the last 2-3 vehicles I've owned, I've had 3 sets of Nitto 420S....LOVE them, great grip, no noise, wear awesome, looks fantastic IMHO.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tons of people on here have it had the 420s and rave about them. Haven't heard anything bad about them.

I read the Hankooks are pretty good, but they're less common on here from what I've noticed.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I have run both and prefer the Nittos because they had much better traction on both wet and dry pavement.

2014RAM5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Only "negative" thing I have heard of the Nittos is crappy ice traction but it is a street tire so people should know that going in. If you aren't near ice, awesome tires.

OP
OP

14blkbeast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well you guys made my decision for me then. I live in Arkansas and haven't had to worry about ice over the past couple of years too much, so not worried about that.

Sounds like the perfect tire for me. Thanks everyone.