Pulling to the left at hwy speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shawn1112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just picked up a 14 Laramie and at hwy speeds anything above 50mph it's pulling to the left. Under 50mph it doesn't do it at all. I saw on the Carfax the original owner had same issue and dealer did an alignment. I'm pretty handy around cars and trucks, everything visually on front suspension looks to be ok. Any ideas before I take it in to dealer as I still have factory warranty?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does this happen only on the same highway or does it pull to the left on any road you go over 50 on? My last truck I had this problem and it turned out to be the highway itself being sloped toward the left shoulder too much causing it to pull to the left.

Not saying that's definitely the problem, but just something to consider...

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Was it just a front end alignment? Probably need to do a thrust angle alignment. That will check if the rear axle is perpendicular to the chassis and parallel the front axle.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Move the tires around. A previous poster had the same problem and it was a bad tire.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Was it just a front end alignment? Probably need to do a thrust angle alignment. That will check if the rear axle is perpendicular to the chassis and parallel the front axle.
Yeah definitely get this checked

OP
OP
S

shawn1112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Going to swap front left and right tires first to rule out the tire. If that doesn't do it I will go to the dealer with this info and see if they will do that under warranty.

Hemi35, does it on any road above 50mph