Tire and rim help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
So I took my truck into firestone today for a tire balance and rotation... after doing so he informed me of a problem he ran into. i have to much lateral and radial movement with my tires and rims... he says it is asking for almost 12 oz of weigh on each wheel to balance it correctly...

basically what he told me is that my tires and rims will never be able to be balanced and that he susggests buying new rims and tires...

heres where I need a lot of help...
if this is the case, can I call my rim's company and ask for a new set because of a defective product?

should I buy new rims?

what about tires...?

is this even possible that the radial and lateral movement can be so bad that they cannot be balanced at all?

Keep in mind... I basically have no money for either new rims or tires... maybe one or the other but that is pushing it even...

OP
OP
LS5DodgeRam

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
I just got an appointment for them to take my tire off the rim and rotate it then balance them... i guess its call "tire matching"? but we will see what happens then

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do a road force balance, and try turning the tire 180 degrees off the wheel, some tires have hard spots and cause it to roll horribly and cause a massive amount of weight to be called for. And turning the tire 180 degrees should help alleviate that. I work at discount tire and run into this issue a lot. Pm me if you have any questions

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
YES! Road force variation balancing is your savior here. Any shop with one of these balancers will cost you a little to make them right but it beats buying new rims/tires.

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, How did this end for you?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990