Wheel studs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grob762

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys,
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Anyways, i have snapped so many damn wheel studs on my 03 ram 1500 2wd. All im tryin to do is get the lug nuts off and i end up snapping the studs in half. Whats going on? I dont mind replacing them all, so whats the absolute top of the line wheel studs?
Wheels btw, are 17" black rhino rims on 285/70r17 hankooks.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
If you're snapping them regularly then replace them all, they're dirt cheap to buy from your parts store. If you're looking for the best possible then get ALL the information from your parts store like the length, knurl diameter, knurl length, shoulder width, and thread pitch and see if ARP has anything to meet your needs.

If you're having regular stud failure then you are either A) over torquing the lugnuts B) have swollen lugnuts and should replace them.

Barricade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
I agree with Charon and would replace all your studs. When you torque your lugs, how tight are you torquing them down ? I've seen a lot of guys over torque the lug nuts and the studs snap without even being able to turn them once.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990