Replacing Front Wheel Studs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Need a little help. While rotating my tires I messed up the threads on one wheel stud on each of the front sides of my 22 Rebel. It occurred when replacing the locking lugs. I think they weren’t seated properly in the socket. And maybe I was in a bit of rush, maybe lol. Anyway they stripped the threads from the end of the studs.
So, question, do I need to remove the hub to replace the studs or is there a “sweet spot” to remove and subsequently replace the studs? The lug nuts will thread on, but my tendencies towards being OCD won’t allow them to stay that way.
And before anyone says crawl under and have a look….its winter here and sloppy and crappy as all get out so I’d like to get the info beforehand if I can. Thanks.

DA67Goatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I replaced mine with 1/2in longer studs without removing the hub, but that was a 4th gen I would assume there is a spot that will allow you to press the studs out one at a time and replace them. Obviously the brakes have to come off, but I think the axle and hub can most likely stay.

OP
OP
LemmysDad

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok perfect thank you. I guess I have to suck it up and get on the ground and have a look. Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357