Wheels and nerf bars done! With pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the truck put back together today. Wheels look amazing. I love the matte black. I still need to decide what I am going to do about the emblems. Dip them or remove them. Masking them might suck, but I think I would like them black. Maybe remove the 1500 and leave the Dodge. I don't know yet. Need to get black lug nuts as well.

62d482ea-db53-ef1e.jpg

62d482ea-db66-b5e3.jpg

I also have a question. My plasti-dip on the bumper seems to be "pulling away" somewhat.
62d482ea-dbad-cc26.jpg

Anyone know how to prevent this? I have already touched it up and am hoping that cures it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nussdawg395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Nice work man!
Gotta love the plastidip! I wanted to do the same to my emblems, just leave the RAM and take off the 1500 but the passenger side would all need removed and the RAM moved back to the front of the door.
From what I've seen in youtube vids you don't really need to mask much on the emblems if your spraying them. Mask around to avoid over spray and go to town and spray the whole way around them, then when you pull it removes around the emblems.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
cool. I'm going to try this PD fad soon

Kewl Brez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks Good!......I agree with nuss just leave the Ram. Where did you find your light cover's?

OP
OP
cwakefld

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks Good!......I agree with nuss just leave the Ram. Where did you find your light cover's?

I agree, I think I will leave the Ram and dip it and remove the 1500. The headlight/tail light cover/trim were on the truck when I bought it. They used to be chrome plastic, and I really didn't like them. But now that I have painted them I think they look great!

Here is a little better picture. Needs a bath though.

62d482ea-0478-6363.jpg

Last edited:

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
How's the plasti dip hanging up on your nerd bars? Debating on doing mine but really don't want to be touching them up all the time, oh and I agree on the emblems but not sure on how to go about them...

OP
OP
cwakefld

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got the bars put back on today. I will let you know how they hold up over time. I will be sure to use the plastic step to keep them looking good. I am sure that my kids will "forget" though. I too am curious how they hold up. I put about 6 or 7 coats on them for that reason.

I also have to do something about the lug nuts. Not sure weather to go with black lug nuts, or some black plastic push on caps. And the back bumper is still chrome. Have to wait for another warm spell to take care of that.

Last edited:

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Looks good. My nerf bars are holding up great for the past 8 months or so.

OP
OP
cwakefld

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good. My nerf bars are holding up great for the past 8 months or so.

I was hoping someone would say that. Did you prep them in any way werm? All I did was clean them really well and wipe them down with alcohol to get rid of any residue. Do you wash them just like anything else when you wash your truck?

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ok cool, because I was debating on taking them off to make the truck look bigger but gf has enough issues getting in it now as it is so I don't think that's an option, so hopefully i can do my bars soon, oh and I did my 4th gen ram badges and it turned out sweet:D

OP
OP
cwakefld

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok cool, because I was debating on taking them off to make the truck look bigger but gf has enough issues getting in it now as it is so I don't think that's an option, so hopefully i can do my bars soon, oh and I did my 4th gen ram badges and it turned out sweet:D

Yeah, i had originally taken my bars off, but the kids had a hell of a time getting in and out, so i put them back on. How hard was masking the emblems? That and my back bumper are the next project. Have to wait till it warms up a little though. Have not decided on masking and painting them or just removing them. Seems like a lot of masking. I was going to remove the 1500 and leave the Ram, but that won't work, I would have to move the Ram on my passenger door since it says Ram 1500 and the Ram would have to be moved. My concern is getting the individual letters back on straight.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks so much better with the black wheels. When you did just the front bumper black it reminded be of a st. And if you do decide to do the badges a good way to get them on straight would be to put some like blue painters tape and the top and bottom of the badges and then the front while the badges are still on so that when you move the ram forward it is in the correct spot

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yeah, i had originally taken my bars off, but the kids had a hell of a time getting in and out, so i put them back on. How hard was masking the emblems? That and my back bumper are the next project. Have to wait till it warms up a little though. Have not decided on masking and painting them or just removing them. Seems like a lot of masking. I was going to remove the 1500 and leave the Ram, but that won't work, I would have to move the Ram on my passenger door since it says Ram 1500 and the Ram would have to be moved. My concern is getting the individual letters back on straight.

actually i masked off the general area and painted the ram emblem on mine and then took a razor blade and then very gently and carefully cut it and then peeled it off the paint, i did mess up the first time and had to do it over but i learned if you put more coats on it was easier to peel off the paint, looks great 2! hopefully i can get the bars done this springbreak. if you need help you can pm me and i can redo it and take some pics to give you a better idea.