Dealing with the TPMS after swapping wheels and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ranchhopper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I picked up a nice set of OEM aluminum rims with tires already on them today. I was told the sensors are not in them because when the original owner swapped them out for aftermarket rims he had them put into the new rim/tire combination. I really dont need the TPMS anyways after 40 years of driving tractor trailer I pay attention to the tires on everything I drive and check them all the time. Question is can I turn the dash warning light off myself or just put up with the light staying lit on the dash?

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
You can't turn off the warning. I would just get a set of sensors and get
them installed. They help warn you to a slow leak, I've had it tell me or
my wife about picking up a nail in the tire. We drive a lot of 100 plus mile
trips, can't afford a flat, too costly. Any tire place can do it easily, they don't
even have to rebalance, they just bust the bead near
the valve stem.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I picked up a nice set of OEM aluminum rims with tires already on them today. I was told the sensors are not in them because when the original owner swapped them out for aftermarket rims he had them put into the new rim/tire combination. I really dont need the TPMS anyways after 40 years of driving tractor trailer I pay attention to the tires on everything I drive and check them all the time. Question is can I turn the dash warning light off myself or just put up with the light staying lit on the dash?

Might be able to with AlfaODB. Haven't looked or done it, so not 100% sure you can.

OP
OP
ranchhopper

ranchhopper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes you can with there's literally a youtube video that shows how.

I dont have that **** on my truck either.
I dont have a problem with the light being on just the center screen on the dash being taken up with the display of which tires it thinks are low.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes you can with there's literally a youtube video that shows how.

I dont have that **** on my truck either.
Same, don’t miss it on start up either. AlfaOBD for the win.