Interior Water Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a leak by the back sliding window. I replaced the OEM 3rd brake light for an LED 3rd brake light so I'm assuming this is how the water is getting in. Can I put silicone in between the 3rd brake light and the paint in order to keep water from finding its way in?

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
silicone will work but with that i would make sure its all contained inside the rim of the light otherwise it will get out where you dont want it. Or use some kind of thicker closed foam product as a gasket

mitchman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine is doing the same thing. I'm gonna seal it with black silicone. (even though you won't really see it behind the light)

Since if the LED's burn out you have to get a new light anyway, I would suggest you do the same. Or I think you could use some of that foam used for sticking on molding, since what's on the light OEM looks like that anyway.

TonkaTruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is a common issue and mine was doing the same after the recon LED replaced the original. Took it out and put some black rtv around it and it's fixed. Another common water leak area is the grab bar area up front. put silicon around the screw by behind the door gasket and fixed.

BIGDX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another common water leak area is the grab bar area up front. put silicon around the screw by behind the door gasket and fixed.

Thanks for this!! :favorites13:

I'm a new 2014 Ram owner. Quad Cab SLT 5.7 Hemi

Drove it today in the pouring rain for the first time and water was leaking from the front passenger grab handle!!! I was pissed! I kept wiping it away at first because my bro in Law had just exited the passenger seat while it was a torrential downpour outside. . I figured the water was coming from the door being open. Lol.

So can I just pop out the little plastic screw hole cover on the grab handle from the inside and put silicone into that hole?