02 3.7 to 07 4.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
07 4.7
So my brothers 2002 3.7 started knocking so I decided to put this 07 4.7 motor and trans in the truck so now I have all new wiring harnesses outside of the cab, new fuse box under the hood, different ecm, and now I'm running into issues with the new ecm. When plugged in properly I do not have accessories, so when I unplug the top plug on the new ecm the accessories work. Also the dash is saying no bus, we have no gauges functioning, and it doesn't turn over every time I hit the key, is this because the ecm I bought needs to flashed? Has anyone done this before? I'd really appreciate any advice anyone has to give on this.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
the ECM may not be recognizing the Cluster or the internal sentry system. It may very well have to be flashed.

May also require some more parts to be swapped.

From the parts diagram, the internal wiring harnesses are the same, So I don't think it is a Harness issue.

Your problems confirm a lot of what I have been saying on this kind of swap... Better to have the complete donor truck handy... You can then scavenge everything you may need when **** hits the fan...