03 ram 4.7, which way to move tooth to fix timing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this will get some hate. Sorry in advance. I just installed new head gaskets and the works.. also new heads old ones were cracked. Here's a video: truck runs like crap if you call it running https://vid.me/AIbO I have done a compression test and starting from driver side front to back, 157,153,157,168. Passenger side front to back,133,140,143,152. I believe the passenger side is off a tooth. I REALLY don't want to take engine apart to fix this. I just got back from working in texas for a month 30 days straight 12 hr shifts and back home working almost same shifts. I am tired. Bones weak. Muscles etc.

Enough rambling. I'm wanting to take passenger side cam off and carefully move over one tooth. Thing is, I'm not sure which way to move it. If it has low compression on that side, I'm guessing exhaust valves staying open too long so turn the cam to the right one tooth?

Any help appreciated, I set myself up for a stern talking to about doing stuff the right way also.