04 5.7 hemi injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87bluebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I spent the last 2 years fighting a random misfire affecting the entire right bank. All 4 cylinders would randomly start missing just off idle but if you Rev it up it would run fine. Made driving in town or traffic impossible. Took her to multiple shops to have her tested and I tested everything I could think of gave her msd coils and wires new plugs swapped injectors between banks nothing fixed it only thing we could find is injectors and coils would show slightly less voltage on that side of the engine(not a huge difference though). And all that misfiring was starting to melt the cat on that side causing more problems. Last week I needed the truck to make a 500 mile trip to get a parts car for another project so I decided to cut the cat off and temporarily straight pipe it, while doing that I found the ground strap between the passenger head and the cab was broken so I grabbed a 97 chevy alternator cable (its what I had laying around) and ran it from the negative on the battery directly to the passenger head and left ground strap that connects to the tranny in place. Right bank injectors and coils no longer have the slight low voltage and I Made the 500 mile trip and she never misfired once the entire trip. She is Idling weird kinda low idle around 600rpm then picks up to 900rpm a minute than back to 600 back and forth my guess is that because there is no cat and a massive exhaust leak where I straight piped it, and it's not letting her go into closed loop or something.

Now that the misfire is finally gone I want finally start getting the performance and usability of this truck improved. I plan to put about 4k of my taxes into her. rear tires, front brakes, a davit crane in the bed, new lights all the way around, pacesetter ceramic coated long tube headers and matching off road y pipe, new cats (I will weld them and o2 bungs into the y pipe), 4 new o2 sensors, o2 sensor spacers for downstream o2s, BBK 85mm throttle body (90mm one would probably be to big), super chips 3865 tuner. And lastly injectors. I already have a K&N intake and msd coils. Also considering BBK 5019 high flow fuel rails but not sure if they will make much of a difference? There only 201 bucks so maybe.

My question is injectors should I go with stock 6.1 or should I go with 52 pound injectors from eBay? The ebay injectors are cheaper and are an upgrade for 6.1 hemis. But the ad says it may need a tune. Would the superchips programmer be able to make them work with the rest of the upgrades?