Air in fuel line? 2004 dodge here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomashalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was working on my truck today and thinking the injectors were dirty/blocked (it would crank but not turn over) I removed the fuel rails and injectors and cleaned them and then reinstalled them and from there spaced out on bleeding them I cranked it and then remembered I needed to bleed the lines. It feels as if there is no pressure in my fuel lines or at my injectors even after trying to bleed the lines. Could this be a fuel pump issue or air in my lines? Can anyone think of how I can resolve this issue?

Side note the fuel rails do not have a line to crack on them and also it only has a one way directional valve on it to for a pressure gauge.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the pump was working the injectors will bleed out when you crank the truck. Gotta check and make sure your pump is turning on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agree with crazykid1994 sounds like you have no fuel pressure. Check to see if you can hear the fuel pump turn on when you turn the ignition to run. If you cannot then it's most likely a fuel pump. If you can get or have a fuel pressure gauge you can attach it to the connector on the fuel rail and check for pressure there. Make sure you check all your connectors and that you have power to the plug connected to the fuel pump with your ignition on run before you consider replacing the fuel pump.