check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpdona00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran the code for my 2005 dodge ram it said it was an o2 sensor found out which one replaced it with a sensor from auto zone but the code has not cleared after running over 150 miles tring to cyle through engine cycles tried unhooking battery also clear with code reader but the reader is now saying same code but pending so i dont know if i should just drive it some more or try something else any suggestions some one suggested using a mopar o2 sensor but i really dont want to go buy a new part and i need to have smog inspection done here soon.

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Sounds like you have a problem in your engine harness and not the sensor if you cant get the code to clear

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
J

jpdona00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
why would the code reader tell me that the code is pending this time after i replaced the part its like it wants to clear

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Its probably pending right after a reset because a wire is broken somewhere its instantly seeing an issue and after it completes the drive cycle is when the light comes on

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2